Lives in Huntsville, United States
Works as a Regional Director for a global non-profit
Has a website at www.globaltc.org
Joined on Oct 19, 2002
Most vivid memory as photographer: getting booed at the FSU baseball stadium ca. 1982 for approaching and taking pics of the aftermath of a collision at home plate while working for the Florida Flambeau (FSU paper). Equipment then: Nikon F3, 4 Nikkors, some off-brand. F3 motor-drive that took 8 AA alkalines.
doug wever's current gear
Amazing camera, strictly renting at this point, moving away from Nikon DX Love the E-M1's nod back to the old film SLR's.
- iPad Air 64GB 4G LTE
doug wever's previous gear
- Nikkor 25-50 f/4.0 Bought when stationed in Okinowa, Kadena, AB, 1980.
- Nikkor 500mm f/8 Mirror Also had various off-brand lenses for the F3, I remember one in the early 80's that was a 35-140, not great sharpness but 4X was remarkable at the time without a major investment like my 50-300 Nikkor.
- Nikkor 50-300 4.5 (1980) Bought used in Okinawa, Japan, off-base for around $500, 1980ish
- Nikon F3 (original) Bought at the Kadena AB Base Exchange as soon as available for around $500, and additional $315 for the motor drive when it became available. Found I still preferred my OM-1 and OM-2 though. Really.
- Olympus OM-2 (ca.1978) Favorite camera ever, along with the OM-1, the latter which could shoot without batteries. Added numerous lenses not listed below.
- Zuiko 135 f/2.8 & 50 f/1.8 ca. 1978, a teenager brand new to photography, the 50mm was a kit lens; and the 135mm f/2.8's $179 price tag at the Lackland Air Force Base BX seemed breathtaking at the time.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%