Lives in Canada
Has a website at http://www.dpreview.com/members/3945134948
Joined on Dec 14, 2008
Actually joined in Feb 2, 2002. (see http://www.dpreview.com/members/3945134948)
What I have learned about dpreview:
1 . If a moderator makes a bad call when banning a user, that user is going to have a difficult time contesting any future ban because the decision to remove a ban isn't based on the merit of the current case but on past history
2. When questioned on bans, moderators will evade discussing the specific ban in question but instead try to dwell on generalities and justify it based on past bans. They lack empathy and show contempt for users that are genuinely attempting to prove their case, even when confronted with supporting evidence that strongly shows the opposite of bashing, like forum postings clearly showing their support and defense of the brand.
3. Since moderators do not have access to the original posts which triggered bans by other moderators, they don't truly know if the ban was legitimate in the first place. One bad ban begets another.
4. The feedback process currently in place offers no realistic (or timely) protection against rogue moderators.
5. Even if you own and like the camera in question, if you post comments about why you do not like certain aspects of it, you risk being banned for bashing even if you are trying to create awareness of deficiencies which may be addressed in future firmware updates.
6. While moderators have the responsibility for maintaining forum rules, they don’t have accountability for their actions. This lack of accountability and transparency only fosters cynicism. A moderator that claims to forget why he banned you is incompetent and shows a disregard for the responsibility of their duties.
7. Moderators’ loyalty to each other takes precedence over doing the right thing for a user or for the community as a whole
Jared Huntr's recent activity
Jared Huntr has no recent activity in the last 12 months.
Jared Huntr has not added any gear yet.