Lives in Libertyville, United States
Works as a actuary
Joined on Jul 1, 2004
Lemming51's current gear
Bought to retire old EF 20-35 f/3.5-4.5 USM and EF 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Aputure Timer Camera Remote Control Shutter Cable (TC-80N3 Replacement)
- Canon Extenders EF 1.4x and EF 2x (both mk I versions).
- Canon Extension Tubes EF 12 and EF 24 (mk I)
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II
- MC RUBINAR 5.6/500 MAKRO Russian-made (LZOS) Maksutov-Cassegrain type reflex lens. Permanently adapted to EF mount, multicoated optics. Min. focus is 2.2m, hence the "Macro".
Lemming51's previous gear
Terrific wide zoom for film EOS. Still own, though retired in favor of EF-S 15-85
mk I version. Retired from use due to "terminal" Err 01 condition. Was a sweet wide-normal zoom on my EOS 50E/Elan IIe, too long for the same purpose on my 40D.
- Argus C3 35mm film rangefinder used by my grandfather
- Argus Cintar 50/3.5 and Tele-Sandmar 100/4.5 lenses Sharp, though "slow" lenses for the C3
- Canon AE-1 Program with FD 50 f/1.8 35mm film SLR, manual focus.
- Canon EF 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM (mk I) Terrific standard zoom for film EOS, not so much for 40D. Retired as internal flex cable is faulting, Canon no longer services it.
- Canon EOS Elan IIe (50E) 35mm film AF SLR. Wonderful implementation of ECF (Eye Control Focus)!
- Canon Speedlite 540EZ
- Rollei 35 (40/3.5 Zeiss Tessar) Ultracompact 35mm film camera.
|Bianca Buitendag-7809 by vbuhay|
|Sunrise in Paradise by OB Foto|
from Booby Prize
|The Battle for the Lead by Photo Pete|
from Bicycle sports
|Cecelia's Eyes by Madeleine Hart|
from - Jenny from the Block - (Colors that pop + A white Border)
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels689The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review364Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2133Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review323Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2489Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review421Real-world testThe Sony a6000 goes surfing172Bag ReviewPeak Design Everyday Messenger546Ultra-compactSony Cyber-shot RX1R II review196Beyond the table top5 mini tripods reviewed1126In-depth ReviewLeica Q1513A lot to Leica? Hands-on with the Leica SL (Typ 601)Return of the Super Rebel?Canon EOS Rebel T6s ReviewTouch and goNikon D5500 ReviewWhat's that Sound?Shedding some light on the sources of noise174Super Zoom? Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Field TestTwice as Nice?Canon EOS 7D Mark II Review712Mono a monoLeica Monochrom (Typ 246) hands-on