Lives in New York USA, NY, United States
Has a website at http://www.marius-shanzer.com
Joined on Apr 23, 2008
Marius Shanzer's current gear
After four years and many assignments, I still haven't found a replacement in the Nikon line for under $6500. Nothing else matches it for price, AF performance and image quality in low-light combined with speed. Just need video.
All it's cracked up to be but fragile. Zoom will freeze from even a gentle tap. See Roger Cicala notes at LensRentals.com.
As good as they say.
Very good lens although for twice the money one could now buy the Sigma, if one wanted near ultimate quality. Slow autofocus, as is typical of these lenses.
Sold, not good enough.
- Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Gift, not yet used.
- Nikkor S-C 55mm f/1.2 (manual focus) Gift from a Life photog. To be used after modifications.
- PC Nikkor 35mm f/2.8 (manual focus) Are PC lenses obsolete in the digital age?
Have your say
What's been the most exciting announcement of Photokina?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
Total voters: 5,343
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels711The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review372Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2164Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review339Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2501Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review1070History RepeatingOlympus PEN-F Review2228FeatureWhat is equivalence?722Bang for the BuckOlympus OM-D E-M10 II ReviewReturn of the Super Rebel?Canon EOS Rebel T6s Review401Inching forward? Canon PowerShot G5 X Review177Super Zoom? Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Field TestTwo in oneLG G5 camera review48ArticleTo St. Helens and Back: Olympus TG-Tracker Shooting Experience541ArticlePanasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 reviewReady, SteadySony Alpha 7 II Review41Readers' ShowcaseNicolas Alexander OttoKirkjufell mountainBehind the Shot: Shredded