Lives in London, United Kingdom
Works as a Photographer
Has a website at http://carlsanders.weebly.com/
Joined on Oct 21, 2004
Photographer : Advertising : Still Life : Editorial : Commercial
Carl Sanders' current gear
Considering that it take only 4 settings; ISO, shutter speed, f stop and focus to take a photograph, these cameras are overly complicated with so many menus and buttons! 2 of these with battery grips with Arca Swiss right hand brackets.
Used the most at the moment and the first one put on camera.
Excellent lens and fits in well with the other pro zooms.
Favourite lens, nice balance, pin sharp, well sort of!
Not as heavy after continual use, fits in well with 24 - 70mm f/2.8G ED
Used this to replace a damaged 55 - 300 AF-s. More useful and sharper.
Another favourite, some extraordinary characteristics that produce beautiful results.
An excellent sharp lens that compliments our Nikon system. Though not weather sealed it out performs the Nikon version hence it's inclusion.
- Bowens Power Packs Bowens Power Packs x 3 asymmetric 3k packs with 3k heads. Large - small soft boxes and light shapers. 3K ring flash and Bowens 3k Zoom spot with screens.
- Cambo UST Studio Stand Cambo UST Studio Stand : A must have beautiful heavy stand used for 10 x 8 and 5 x 4 cameras, absolutely rock solid!
- Carl Zeiss Lenses Hasselblad medium format : 40mm, 50mm, 80mm, 120 Macro, 150mm and 300mm Tele for Hasselblad V system. These lens also double up on the Nikon cameras with an adapter.
- Elincrom 500K heads Elincrom 500K heads Portable light mono blocks, location works (3 sets) mainly used for location though we need to get a generator for the outdoor work.
- Epsom 750 Scanner Epsom 750 Scanner : one of the best cost effective scanners we have come across for 35, 6 x 6 and large format.
- Gitzo Carbon GT3541 Tripod with Arca Swiss Ball Z1 Gitzo Carbon GT3541 Tripod with Arca Swiss Ball Z1 : Excellent piece of kit, lightweight and exacting.
- Hasselblad 501CM Purchased to use with pistol grip and older accessories, used with CFV Digital and film, love this camera!
- Hasselblad 503CWD Two cameras with full lens range using 16MP back, ties up with studio camera Sinar P2
- Metz 45-CL Digital x 2 with power packs.
- Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight
- Schneider lenses 75mm, 2 x 90mm, 150mm and 300mm Various 5 x 4 lenses used with Digital back CFV
- Sinar P2 All black Sinar P2 Camera with Sinar sliding back for CFV digital back and others. Fabulous piece of kit that we love using!
- Strobe Lighting : City 5000 : 824 : Strips : Fish Frys : Swimming Pool : Spot. Strobe Lighting : 2 City 5000 Packs, 2 824s, 4 Strips, 2 Fish Frys, Swimming Pool, 2 Spots and 1 normal head.
Carl Sanders' wish list
Sorted by most recently added.
- CFV39 Informed that this sensor size is ideal for practical use, without loss of depth of field and file sizes that other photographers have had problems with.
- Hasselblad HD4 Huge drop in prices is of concern, not convinced this camera now carries the value for money and quality expected, hanging loose to see what happens! HD5 Just announced!
- Strobex Studio Lighting
Carl Sanders' previous gear
- Olympus Om1n Recently purchased to shoot film and scan. Old favourite, shot all offshore work with Comex Diving on this!
- Olympus Om2n Recently purchased and refurbished at Luton Camera, will scan film, old favourite system instead of the heavy clunky Nikons!
|It's time to go by Gerard Beullac|
from Out the window
|Nature's Balance by Domenick Creaco|
from My Lifetime Best Photo
Most popular cameras
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (Lumix DC-TZ200)6.9%Sony Alpha a7 III2.8%Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)1.9%Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 (Lumix DMC-TZ100)1.9%Fujifilm X-H11.8%Olympus OM-D E-M10 III1.8%Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III1.7%Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V1.7%Sony Alpha a7R III1.7%Nikon D8501.6%