Lives in Brampton ON, Canada
Works as a Biophysicist
Joined on Jan 13, 2004
1st SLR: Pentax Spotmatic, 1968 (still working!)
JohnFrim's current gear
My 4th camera and 2nd digital camera, bought May 2012.
Bought to replace 55-200mm zoom. Will try it as my all-around lens.
Came as the kit lens with the A57.
- Minolta 28-85mm; from Maxxum 9000 days.
- Minolta 50mm/1.7 standard lens.
- Minolta 75-300mm "big beer can".
JohnFrim's previous gear
My third camera and first digital, bought in Dec 2003.
Bought this lens with the Sony A57. Traded it back for the 18-250mm after missing several shots on vacation due to having the wrong lens on the camera.
- Minolta Maxxum 7000 Purchased for my wife's use, 1986. 35-70mm zoom.
- Minolta Maxxum 9000 My second camera, bought in 1986. 28-85mm zoom, 75-300mm zoom, AF4000 flash.
- Pentax Spotmatic My first camera, bought in 1968. Added bellows, Takumar 28mm fixed wide angle and Takumar 200mm fixed telephoto lenses (zooms were too expensive for me back then).
|Sit on rainbow by frapeace|
|Icelandic landscape by BoDrey|
from Best Landscape of the Week 1
Most popular cameras
Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D2.8%Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 (Lumix DMC-LX15)2.4%Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 (Lumix DMC-TZ100)2.3%Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V2.3%Panasonic Lumix DC-GH52.0%Fujifilm X100F1.5%Fujifilm GFX 50S1.4%Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1001.2%Sony Alpha 7R II1.2%Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II1.0%
Beginner's GuidesGetting StartedIn-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and Videosreal world performanceField Test Videossee how we seeSample GalleriesIn-depth ReviewFujifilm X100FShow CoverageHits and Misses from CP+ 2017Throwback ThursdayClassic Cameras from Days PastWhat's that Noise?Shedding some light on the sources of noise2416FeatureWhat is equivalence?