Lives in Brampton ON, Canada
Works as a Biophysicist
Joined on Jan 13, 2004
1st SLR: Pentax Spotmatic, 1968 (still working!)
JohnFrim's current gear
My 4th camera and 2nd digital camera, bought May 2012.
Bought to replace 55-200mm zoom. Will try it as my all-around lens.
Came as the kit lens with the A57.
- Minolta 28-85mm; from Maxxum 9000 days.
- Minolta 50mm/1.7 standard lens.
- Minolta 75-300mm "big beer can".
JohnFrim's previous gear
My third camera and first digital, bought in Dec 2003.
Bought this lens with the Sony A57. Traded it back for the 18-250mm after missing several shots on vacation due to having the wrong lens on the camera.
- Minolta Maxxum 7000 Purchased for my wife's use, 1986. 35-70mm zoom.
- Minolta Maxxum 9000 My second camera, bought in 1986. 28-85mm zoom, 75-300mm zoom, AF4000 flash.
- Pentax Spotmatic My first camera, bought in 1968. Added bellows, Takumar 28mm fixed wide angle and Takumar 200mm fixed telephoto lenses (zooms were too expensive for me back then).
|In the Big Girl Chair by BryanKing|
from Baby Photography
|Ruby Red Dress by cjf2|
from High key portrait with RED
|Follow me home by eaa|
from Shades of Blue in Nature
Most popular cameras
in time for the holidaysCamera Roundups Updatedshop aroundHoliday Gift Guides for Every Budget67i wanna fly awayBest Camera Drones Under $1500In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and Videosreal world performanceField Test Videossee how we seeSample GalleriesWhat's that Noise?Shedding some light on the sources of noise65instant gratification2016 Instax mini roundup1220ultimate om-dOlympus E-M1 Mark II Review2315FeatureWhat is equivalence?698new kid on the blockYI M1 review202wide-angle wonderSigma 12-24mm F4 Art Lens Review170VideoDog Portraits with the Sony a6300220action-packedSony a6500 First Impressions