Lives in Brampton ON, Canada
Works as a Biophysicist
Joined on Jan 13, 2004
1st SLR: Pentax Spotmatic, 1968 (still working!)
JohnFrim's current gear
My 4th camera and 2nd digital camera, bought May 2012.
Bought to replace 55-200mm zoom. Will try it as my all-around lens.
Came as the kit lens with the A57.
- Minolta 28-85mm; from Maxxum 9000 days.
- Minolta 50mm/1.7 standard lens.
- Minolta 75-300mm "big beer can".
JohnFrim's previous gear
My third camera and first digital, bought in Dec 2003.
Bought this lens with the Sony A57. Traded it back for the 18-250mm after missing several shots on vacation due to having the wrong lens on the camera.
- Minolta Maxxum 7000 Purchased for my wife's use, 1986. 35-70mm zoom.
- Minolta Maxxum 9000 My second camera, bought in 1986. 28-85mm zoom, 75-300mm zoom, AF4000 flash.
- Pentax Spotmatic My first camera, bought in 1968. Added bellows, Takumar 28mm fixed wide angle and Takumar 200mm fixed telephoto lenses (zooms were too expensive for me back then).
|Fascia walkie talkie building London by ian herridge|
from Abstract Architecture
|Global Reach by cjf2|
Most popular cameras
Beginner's GuidesGetting StartedIn-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and Videosreal world performanceField Test Videossee how we seeSample GalleriesIn-depth ReviewFujifilm X100FShow CoverageHits and Misses from CP+ 2017Throwback ThursdayClassic Cameras from Days PastWhat's that Noise?Shedding some light on the sources of noise2464FeatureWhat is equivalence?