Lives in NY, United States
Works as a Software Sales
Joined on Jan 8, 2010
RichLI's current gear
Exceptional pq, controls are not a big deal.
4/30/14 Would I like the 24-70, yes but the $$$'s.
Bought for Tanzania safari summer of 2012. Extremely happy with results
4/30/13 Bought from B&H during a sale during last October for effectively zero cost concerning rebates and paper included. Beautiful print quality. Only concern is that it is difficult for me to match my screen calibration to the printer.
- Oben AC130 Tripod Eventually need to replace - but does the job - use with the Induro Ballhead.
- Slik Pro 4 section carbon fiber monopod I tend to use this more than the tripod - especially when travelling. Think it is great for Safari use poking out thru the roof.
RichLI's wish list
Sorted by most recently added.
- Induro BHL1 Ballhead Bought to replace a cheap Benro and this Arca type on either my Carbon monopod or my tripod (was a kit purchase and will hopefully soon be replaced) is making a difference in improving my results.
- Induro clt-203 tripod Just bought this to replace an aluminum tripod i recvd in my D60 bundle
- MC-DC2 release Didn't know that this existed until recently and very pleased with this acessory. IMHO - Indispensable.
RichLI's previous gear
My first Nikon was a D60. Enjoyed so much that within 8 mos had upgraded to d300. Once again, was real pleased and motivated purchase of D600. Have now sold w 18-200 via Ebay and bought the 105 macro. Expensive hobby
Nikon was kind enough to swap my D6100 for a D610.
Sold recently on ebay to finance the 105 macro. As I no longer have the dx body - no longer need
Bought at camera shop in Anchorage when my wife and I were travelling thru Alaska. Didn't have a long enough lens, was satisfied with extra reach with a 1.7 tc I had borrowed. I feel this has good iq - certainly not great - but an excellent beginner lens when tight on cash. Sold with my D300
Have your say
What's been the most exciting announcement of Photokina?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
Total voters: 5,343
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels712The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review373Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2165Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review338Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2501Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review549Ultra-compactSony Cyber-shot RX1R II reviewReturn of the Super Rebel?Canon EOS Rebel T6s Review401Inching forward? Canon PowerShot G5 X ReviewReady, SteadySony Alpha 7 II Review210VideoCapturing nature with the Canon EOS 7D Mark II424Real-world testThe Sony a6000 goes surfing179Bag ReviewPeak Design Everyday Messenger209Long and short of itTamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro review177Super Zoom? Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Field TestKirkjufell mountainBehind the Shot: ShreddedSpeed BoostSony SLT-A77 II ReviewTwo in oneLG G5 camera review