Z3: serious banding with new firmware

Started Sep 23, 2004 | Discussions
Jim Cockfield Forum Pro • Posts: 16,342
James.. how about with and without AS enabled?

Since you seem to have a camera that it's easily reproduced on, perhaps you should try taking some photos with and without AS enabled to see if it could be a contributing factor.

-- hide signature --
KueH
KueH Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: Z3: serious banding with new firmware

I updated with the E on a 1.01U Z3. I have noticed slightly faster times for turning on and off the camera.

As for the banding, I have had very little before and none since the update. Though the pictures, I've taken since are at night and them seem to be noisy due to being ISO 200.

Looking more closely. I did have a couple of "hot" pixels before the update now that I take a close look at my before photos. The pixels are no longer there now.

The AF does not seem to have improved for low light conditions. Perhaps it a little worse, but that is subjective. It could be the days are getting darker faster.

I have had few crashes or freezes before. I have had none so far.

As for the time, let me check. Spot on ( if that is the correct term). No loss at all so far. No gain either. But I haven't tried any movies yet.

KueH
KueH Regular Member • Posts: 259

Perhaps we might compare SD cards. You never know if they might be part of the problem if we're talking EM fields. That thing is pretty close to everything in the camera and it does get hot when in use. Or maybe even the batteries.

I have a plain Sandisk 512 MB card.

Energizer NiMH 2300 mAh.

Microsaft_com Contributing Member • Posts: 846

I have Sandisk 512 Mb and Sandisk 256 Ultra II
I have 4 different brands on batteries. 1800-2300 mAh.

KueH wrote:

I have a plain Sandisk 512 MB card.

Energizer NiMH 2300 mAh.

OP James Bond 007 Regular Member • Posts: 280
Re: James.. how about with and without AS enabled?

Sorry guys, it's raining here so I can't repeat the tests right now. Will do in a few days. I'll try turning off shutter shound and AS.

Jim Cockfield wrote:

Since you seem to have a camera that it's easily reproduced on,
perhaps you should try taking some photos with and without AS
enabled to see if it could be a contributing factor.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads