Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Started Feb 24, 2004 | Discussions
Kyle Burt Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Well I thought I would continue the old thread since it filled up. With the new F-1 season only 10 days away I though I'd add F-1 to the mix. Here is an old Ferrari F-1 car to kick things off.

edwin907 Contributing Member • Posts: 652
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Kyle Burt wrote:

Well I thought I would continue the old thread since it filled up.
With the new F-1 season only 10 days away I though I'd add F-1 to
the mix. Here is an old Ferrari F-1 car to kick things off.

An old shot from Montreal 1996.

Edwin

Bill Hollinger Senior Member • Posts: 1,301
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

OP Kyle Burt Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

I won't be going to any FIA F-1 races, but will be covering several historic F-1 races 3 or 4 depending if I go to the Monaco Historic GP). I will also be going to the goodwood festival of speed, which usually has some F-1 cars and drivers. I think in many ways I like the historic cars better, there is a lot of variety of cars and you can get very close to them. I will post pictures as often as I can - first one wil either be a club event at Laguna in March or the Long Beach GP in April (I'm hoping to have my MkII by then). Until then I'll keep posting shots from the past few seasons.

Here's one to tide you over - Tyrrell 001 & 002 together

Bill Hollinger wrote:

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post
some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

bdnc Senior Member • Posts: 1,738
Ferrari with a Head Scoop...

so an oversized driver can fit in. Must be hard to keep it on the road when shoehorned in like that! (his inside wheels are on the grass).

Kyle Burt wrote:

Well I thought I would continue the old thread since it filled up.
With the new F-1 season only 10 days away I though I'd add F-1 to
the mix. Here is an old Ferrari F-1 car to kick things off.

BanLecter Senior Member • Posts: 2,114
got any goodwood shots?

we nearly went there last year, but circumstances were not ideal..

Kyle Burt wrote:
I won't be going to any FIA F-1 races, but will be covering several
historic F-1 races 3 or 4 depending if I go to the Monaco Historic
GP). I will also be going to the goodwood festival of speed, which
usually has some F-1 cars and drivers. I think in many ways I like
the historic cars better, there is a lot of variety of cars and you
can get very close to them. I will post pictures as often as I can

  • first one wil either be a club event at Laguna in March or the

Long Beach GP in April (I'm hoping to have my MkII by then). Until
then I'll keep posting shots from the past few seasons.

Here's one to tide you over - Tyrrell 001 & 002 together

Bill Hollinger wrote:

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post
some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

Chris Dodkin
Chris Dodkin Forum Pro • Posts: 13,956
Here's some 360 shots for you

Taken at the Ferrari Festival - Brands Hatch UK

All taken with 1D and a selection of lenses - mostly 300 F2.8L and 2x MKII

Chris.
--
http://www.1D-images.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac G4/iMac/iBook/iPod

 Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GFX 50R +44 more
99V6Coupe Senior Member • Posts: 1,212
Re: Here's some 360 shots for you

AWESOME FOLKS!

John

OP Kyle Burt Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Sorry...

...I haven't been to Goodwood yet. I'm really looking forward to it & I'll definitely post pictures after the event.

BanLecter wrote:
we nearly went there last year, but circumstances were not ideal..

Kyle Burt wrote:
I won't be going to any FIA F-1 races, but will be covering several
historic F-1 races 3 or 4 depending if I go to the Monaco Historic
GP). I will also be going to the goodwood festival of speed, which
usually has some F-1 cars and drivers. I think in many ways I like
the historic cars better, there is a lot of variety of cars and you
can get very close to them. I will post pictures as often as I can

  • first one wil either be a club event at Laguna in March or the

Long Beach GP in April (I'm hoping to have my MkII by then). Until
then I'll keep posting shots from the past few seasons.

Here's one to tide you over - Tyrrell 001 & 002 together

Bill Hollinger wrote:

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post
some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

OP Kyle Burt Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Great shot - what track is that? (nt)

bdnc wrote:
so an oversized driver can fit in. Must be hard to keep it on the
road when shoehorned in like that! (his inside wheels are on the
grass).

Kyle Burt wrote:

Well I thought I would continue the old thread since it filled up.
With the new F-1 season only 10 days away I though I'd add F-1 to
the mix. Here is an old Ferrari F-1 car to kick things off.

Bob Meyer Photography
Bob Meyer Photography New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

I can't wait for the start of the F1 season anymore than I can wait for the new MarkII to hit the store.

Kyle Burt wrote:

Well I thought I would continue the old thread since it filled up.
With the new F-1 season only 10 days away I though I'd add F-1 to
the mix. Here is an old Ferrari F-1 car to kick things off.

 Bob Meyer Photography's gear list:Bob Meyer Photography's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 11-24mm F4L Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
bzpx Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Hi
I live about 1km from the Albert Park track
some pics I took in 2000 at this link

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blazingpixels

can't wait to hear the sound from my back door!!!

Nigel

f1buddha New Member • Posts: 15
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

bzpx wrote:

Hi
I live about 1km from the Albert Park track
some pics I took in 2000 at this link

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blazingpixels

can't wait to hear the sound from my back door!!!

Nigel

Just how does one become a photographer for/of F1 racing, please...Thanks in advance.

funkadelic Junior Member • Posts: 40
here's a few more 360 & 550 pics :)
  1. 63 ACEMCO Motorsports 360 Modena and #80 Prodrive 550 Maranello get tangled up @ Laguna Seca

  1. 29 JMB Racing USA Ferrari 360 Modena

i can't wait for the race season to start back up!

BanLecter Senior Member • Posts: 2,114
wouldn't I love to be doing that....

racing 360's and 550's...

heaven....

rpstewart Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: got any goodwood shots?

I think this one sums up the Festival of Speed, it's from 2002 which was a little less crowded than last year. This is from a publically accessible area, no passes required

BanLecter wrote:
we nearly went there last year, but circumstances were not ideal..

Kyle Burt wrote:
I won't be going to any FIA F-1 races, but will be covering several
historic F-1 races 3 or 4 depending if I go to the Monaco Historic
GP). I will also be going to the goodwood festival of speed, which
usually has some F-1 cars and drivers. I think in many ways I like
the historic cars better, there is a lot of variety of cars and you
can get very close to them. I will post pictures as often as I can

  • first one wil either be a club event at Laguna in March or the

Long Beach GP in April (I'm hoping to have my MkII by then). Until
then I'll keep posting shots from the past few seasons.

Here's one to tide you over - Tyrrell 001 & 002 together

Bill Hollinger wrote:

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post
some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

nick_eos Forum Member • Posts: 70
The MAN himself :D

The one the only David Coul... err Mr Shoemaker himself

2003 Silverstone, 10D with a 70-300IS

Hopefullt this year will be back with the 1Ds 100-400IS and 1.4 MKII

http://www.pbase.com/nick_eos/silverstone_2003

Stuart Rider Contributing Member • Posts: 690
Re: got any goodwood shots?

I have loads of Goodwood pics here http://www.pbase.com/srider/motorsport

One to be getting on with....

BanLecter wrote:
we nearly went there last year, but circumstances were not ideal..

Kyle Burt wrote:
I won't be going to any FIA F-1 races, but will be covering several
historic F-1 races 3 or 4 depending if I go to the Monaco Historic
GP). I will also be going to the goodwood festival of speed, which
usually has some F-1 cars and drivers. I think in many ways I like
the historic cars better, there is a lot of variety of cars and you
can get very close to them. I will post pictures as often as I can

  • first one wil either be a club event at Laguna in March or the

Long Beach GP in April (I'm hoping to have my MkII by then). Until
then I'll keep posting shots from the past few seasons.

Here's one to tide you over - Tyrrell 001 & 002 together

Bill Hollinger wrote:

Kyle,

Are you going to cover them this year? If so, I hope you'll post
some shots for us - F1 is my favorite racing!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Stuart Rider.

Stuart Rider Contributing Member • Posts: 690
Re: Here's some 360 shots for you

a couple more from the same event...

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Taken at the Ferrari Festival - Brands Hatch UK

All taken with 1D and a selection of lenses - mostly 300 F2.8L and
2x MKII

Chris.
--
http://www.1D-images.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac G4/iMac/iBook/iPod

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Stuart Rider.

Ryan Schlagheck Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: Ferrari & F-1 Pics

Kyle,

Is that pic taken from the treehouse at the top of the corkscrew?

Another good location for cars is turn 5 - hard left-hander, off camber.

R. Schlagheck
superbikepics.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads