RAW file converter for OS-X finally posted!

Started Jul 7, 2003 | Discussions
David @ Infinity Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Fuji has removed the upgrades/downloads

Ah, thank you Tom - I thought I was going mad, searching the world's Fuji web site for the OSX & XPv2 upgrades (re the above postings) and not finding a thing!

David @ Infinity

Tom Ferguson wrote:

I thought along with Charle's instruction I would re-read and
re-down from the Fuji page http://www.fujifilmsupport.com . I
guess quite a few folks out there are having "issues": the
downloads are no longer available!

-- hide signature --
Peter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,303
would someone be so kind

enough to e-mail the OSX EX/Viewer/Camera software they were lucky and fast enough to download? Thanks!!
halperin@optonline.net

David @ Infinity wrote:
Ah, thank you Tom - I thought I was going mad, searching the
world's Fuji web site for the OSX & XPv2 upgrades (re the above
postings) and not finding a thing!

David @ Infinity

Tom Ferguson wrote:

I thought along with Charle's instruction I would re-read and
re-down from the Fuji page http://www.fujifilmsupport.com . I
guess quite a few folks out there are having "issues": the
downloads are no longer available!

-- hide signature --
raka Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: would someone be so kind

sorry, too large for my ISP to email (38MB)

Peter wrote:
enough to e-mail the OSX EX/Viewer/Camera software they were lucky
and fast enough to download? Thanks!!
halperin@optonline.net

Peter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,303
raka- do you still have the stuffed download?? (nt)

raka wrote:
sorry, too large for my ISP to email (38MB)

Peter wrote:
enough to e-mail the OSX EX/Viewer/Camera software they were lucky
and fast enough to download? Thanks!!
halperin@optonline.net

Mark_McIntyre Contributing Member • Posts: 935
Re: RAW file converter for OS-X finally posted!

I am getting the following error after taking a shot (S2 Pro) while connected via Firewire to a Mac computer...while using the Camera Software:

"Unexpected Error Ocuurred"
then
"32526"
or
"1003"

Anyone have similiar experiences or know of solution??

Many thanks.

CMW New Member • Posts: 14
Re: RAW file converter for OS-X finally posted!

I can't seem to get the update to install, I'm recieveing an error. Is it possible that someone can compress and send me the update. Fuji is killing me. This is the only program that I have left that is running in os 9.

Thanks.

Mark_McIntyre wrote:

I am getting the following error after taking a shot (S2 Pro) while
connected via Firewire to a Mac computer...while using the Camera
Software:

"Unexpected Error Ocuurred"
then
"32526"
or
"1003"

Anyone have similiar experiences or know of solution??

Many thanks.

CMW New Member • Posts: 14
Re: raka- do you still have the stuffed download?? (nt)

i just got off the phone with a Fuji Tech. He stated that the Uility Software is going to be posted again in a couple of days. I guess the volume of downloads from thier server ( for the Hyper-Utility Ex ) was causing Fuji some problems so they are moving it to a different server. "If they weren't the last company in the industry to release their os X software, they wouldn't have that problem. Yes, I'm bitter." I hope this calms some nerves.

Peter wrote:

raka wrote:
sorry, too large for my ISP to email (38MB)

Peter wrote:
enough to e-mail the OSX EX/Viewer/Camera software they were lucky
and fast enough to download? Thanks!!
halperin@optonline.net

Rejean Forum Member • Posts: 66
Camera Shooting software wont work!

Today I installed the Camera Shooting software for OSX.

The instalation went well but when I try to start the application I get an error message saying that the application null could not be launched because of a sharde library error...

One thing looks suspicious in the instalation, the icon for the app looks like it was made for os9.

iBook 600, os 10.2.6

Did someone get this app to work on OSX.

CMW New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Camera Shooting software wont work!

A couple of Fujis icons that are present when I installed the Finepix Viewer software ( for Os X) appeared to be for os 9 as well. I'm not sure why that is. The icons that I noticed to look like they are for os 9 are library files. I can't say for the Raw file EX utility, I can't get it installed at all.

Rejean wrote:

Today I installed the Camera Shooting software for OSX.
The instalation went well but when I try to start the application I
get an error message saying that the application null could not be
launched because of a sharde library error...

One thing looks suspicious in the instalation, the icon for the app
looks like it was made for os9.

iBook 600, os 10.2.6

Did someone get this app to work on OSX.

mike crabb New Member • Posts: 2
How do you convert a file?

Can anyone tell me how to convert a raw file from the Finepix Viewer? There is no EX or LX button, nothing under the menu bar. Is there a special secret hiding place that Fuji only tells us about in their vast and comprehensive Finepix Viewer documentation?

Charles Bandes
Charles Bandes Senior Member • Posts: 1,926
Re: How do you convert a file?

Don't use the Finepix viewer software, it's useless.

Use the converter itself. Read the manual that came with the upgrade, it is pretty darn thorough.

Crabby wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to convert a raw file from the Finepix
Viewer? There is no EX or LX button, nothing under the menu bar. Is
there a special secret hiding place that Fuji only tells us about
in their vast and comprehensive Finepix Viewer documentation?

-- hide signature --
 Charles Bandes's gear list:Charles Bandes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Don Henderson
Don Henderson Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: RAW file converter for OS-X finally posted!

Did they take the software down!!! I can't find it on the site. Can someone PLEASE Help

Don

robert hakalski wrote:

i've just had time to look at the updated RAW ex software (v 2.0)
for OS-9 and it is somewhat improved - the conversions seems to
take about the same amount of time but i noticed somewhat faster
processing than the previous version when making sensitization
settings, curve, settings, etc. also, there is a batch process
window which is nice - still, wish you could throw a bunch of files
in there and then select which one(s) to process instead of just
having just the preview of the first image and processing the rest
unseen. am anxious to install the OS-X version and try it out.

JHolmes Regular Member • Posts: 388
Re: RAW file converter for OS-X finally posted!

I'm not sue where it is. I downloaded it yesterday. I went back to the sight tonight and it was gone.
Program works great. Had no problems with it and so far I like it.

Don Henderson wrote:
Did they take the software down!!! I can't find it on the site. Can
someone PLEASE Help

Don

robert hakalski wrote:

i've just had time to look at the updated RAW ex software (v 2.0)
for OS-9 and it is somewhat improved - the conversions seems to
take about the same amount of time but i noticed somewhat faster
processing than the previous version when making sensitization
settings, curve, settings, etc. also, there is a batch process
window which is nice - still, wish you could throw a bunch of files
in there and then select which one(s) to process instead of just
having just the preview of the first image and processing the rest
unseen. am anxious to install the OS-X version and try it out.

Ron Marino New Member • Posts: 9
Re: PC version 2.0 is also available

Where did you find the new version? Do you have a link for download?

Thanks

Ron

TimT wrote:

I installed the new version 2.0 EX converter but I haven't noticed
any changes between the new one and version 1.1 that I downloaded a
couple of months ago. Has anyone else tried it and noticed
anything new?

Tim

bossnas Contributing Member • Posts: 504
Re: email me if you want the OSX converter

i'll upload the OSX converter later so email me if you want the url. i only have the OSX software, not XP. mac users only. i'm not sure why fuji pulled the software - maybe they're fixing it - but it works fine for me so i don't see why i shouldn't share it.

(use at your own risk of course)

cheers

Rob Kern Junior Member • Posts: 26
fuji's response

Just to let you guys know. I down loaded it and have no problems but I called Fuji yesterday and they said they took it off there site because of the reponses they were getting and are rechecking the program. They had no time frame for when it would be released again.

Robert Kern Photographer
Robert Kern
http://www.robkern.com/

TimT Senior Member • Posts: 2,639
Re: PC version 2.0 is also available

I downloaded it from fujifilm support but they've taken down the links for some reason. The download is 28 mb's(if i remember correctly) and I don't have anyway to post it online.... sorry.

Tim

Ron Marino wrote:
Where did you find the new version? Do you have a link for download?

Thanks

Ron

TimT wrote:

I installed the new version 2.0 EX converter but I haven't noticed
any changes between the new one and version 1.1 that I downloaded a
couple of months ago. Has anyone else tried it and noticed
anything new?

Tim

 TimT's gear list:TimT's gear list
Nikon D810 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
CMW New Member • Posts: 14
Re: RAW file converter for OS-X will be back on theFuji site

i just got off the phone with a Fuji Tech. He stated that the Uility Software is going to be posted again in a couple of days. I guess the volume of downloads from thier server ( for the Hyper-Utility Ex ) was causing Fuji some problems so they are moving it to a different server. "If they weren't the last company in the industry to release their os X software, they wouldn't have that problem. Yes, I'm bitter." I hope this calms some nerves.

JHolmes wrote:
I'm not sue where it is. I downloaded it yesterday. I went back
to the sight tonight and it was gone.
Program works great. Had no problems with it and so far I like it.

Don Henderson wrote:
Did they take the software down!!! I can't find it on the site. Can
someone PLEASE Help

Don

robert hakalski wrote:

i've just had time to look at the updated RAW ex software (v 2.0)
for OS-9 and it is somewhat improved - the conversions seems to
take about the same amount of time but i noticed somewhat faster
processing than the previous version when making sensitization
settings, curve, settings, etc. also, there is a batch process
window which is nice - still, wish you could throw a bunch of files
in there and then select which one(s) to process instead of just
having just the preview of the first image and processing the rest
unseen. am anxious to install the OS-X version and try it out.

Tom Ferguson Senior Member • Posts: 2,285
Re: OS9 and Camera Shooting Software 2 Update FAILURE

Fuji really need to impove (or at least test) their installers. I now have all the OS9 updates working happily. I'm still concerned about the OSX software and will wait utill the updates are reposted and see if we get V2.01! I've tried a few times with the OSX software, it always puts out "permission errors" and then freezes, leaving incomplete software all over my disk.

In OS9 I completely removed all Fuji software (including extensions and prefs). I then ran the installer with the original CD mounted (as per Fuji's e-mail instructions to Charles). No go, the installer refused to run untill I had the original software on the hard-drive. So I re-installed from the CD and then ran the installer. Now all is well. Finepix Viewer runs 9didn't test much, I don't use it), EX converter is a nice improvement over the original, and the shooting software now recognises my camera (the software seems identical to the original).

Hope that helps someone.

I still hope Fuji comes out with working OSX software......someday

Charles Bandes wrote:
I must admit that I'm puzzled about the shooting software. It works
great on my iBook but I get that same "no camera connected" message
on my G4 desktop. I wonder if there's some kind of weird driver
conflict, or something like that.

Since I'd only ever use the shooting sw with my ibook this isn't a
big deal for me, but it's weird and discouraging.

(both are running 10.2.6)

Tom Ferguson wrote:

After isntalling the Fuji updated for OS9 I have an improved Raw
converter and I think a new Shooting Software (it now says version
2) but I can no longer get the computer to see the camera. I get
the "no camera is connected" message. The computer sees the camera
just fine in download mode, so I don't think I have a
firewire/computer problem. The camera is on a power supply without
the 123s (as is my normal). I also tried it battery only. The
system worked before the upgrade.

The installer says there should be 5 extensions all starting with
"FD". I seem to have three, one of which (the LIB) seems to be an
older/duplicate version left from the previous version 1.

Has anyone made the new shooting software work under OS9? How many
extensions do you have?

I'll try a remove and re-install after today's job, but this is
really rediculous. I wanted shooting and raw software for OSX, and
improved shooting and raw software for OS9. It seems Fuji has
delivered one working and three broken items! NOT GOOD.
--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
John Harrison
John Harrison Contributing Member • Posts: 578
Re: OS9 and Camera Shooting Software 2 Update FAILURE

Tom Ferguson wrote:
Fuji really need to impove (or at least test) their installers. I
now have all the OS9 updates working happily. I'm still concerned
about the OSX software and will wait utill the updates are reposted
and see if we get V2.01! I've tried a few times with the OSX
software, it always puts out "permission errors" and then freezes,
leaving incomplete software all over my disk.

In OS9 I completely removed all Fuji software (including extensions
and prefs). I then ran the installer with the original CD mounted
(as per Fuji's e-mail instructions to Charles). No go, the
installer refused to run untill I had the original software on the
hard-drive. So I re-installed from the CD and then ran the
installer. Now all is well. Finepix Viewer runs 9didn't test much,
I don't use it), EX converter is a nice improvement over the
original, and the shooting software now recognises my camera (the
software seems identical to the original).

Hope that helps someone.

I still hope Fuji comes out with working OSX software......someday

Charles Bandes wrote:
I must admit that I'm puzzled about the shooting software. It works
great on my iBook but I get that same "no camera connected" message
on my G4 desktop. I wonder if there's some kind of weird driver
conflict, or something like that.

Since I'd only ever use the shooting sw with my ibook this isn't a
big deal for me, but it's weird and discouraging.

(both are running 10.2.6)

Tom Ferguson wrote:

After isntalling the Fuji updated for OS9 I have an improved Raw
converter and I think a new Shooting Software (it now says version
2) but I can no longer get the computer to see the camera. I get
the "no camera is connected" message. The computer sees the camera
just fine in download mode, so I don't think I have a
firewire/computer problem. The camera is on a power supply without
the 123s (as is my normal). I also tried it battery only. The
system worked before the upgrade.

The installer says there should be 5 extensions all starting with
"FD". I seem to have three, one of which (the LIB) seems to be an
older/duplicate version left from the previous version 1.

Has anyone made the new shooting software work under OS9? How many
extensions do you have?

I'll try a remove and re-install after today's job, but this is
really rediculous. I wanted shooting and raw software for OSX, and
improved shooting and raw software for OS9. It seems Fuji has
delivered one working and three broken items! NOT GOOD.
--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

I downloaded the OSX update and it works fine on my powerbook G4. The camera shooting software VER 2 is good and it means I do not have to boot into OS 9.2 to use it.

I removed the old software first and then installed the update with the CD in the drive and thats it.The main downer is that the Finepix Viewer has no reference in the menus for the raw converter either EX or LE these have to be used separately.

J.H.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads