What's doing this to my image names?

Started Jan 19, 2023 | Questions
MRCocoa Regular Member • Posts: 200
What's doing this to my image names?

I was sorting pictures and ran across a number of them with "3.48.09 AM" appended to the file name, as in "IMG_0001 3.48.09 AM.JPG" and it isn't limited to JPG's - it appears on PSD'd and PNG's and NEF's and every kind of image.

It's always the same, "3.48.09 AM" , so it doesn't appear to be related to me doing anything with them at a specific time of day.

I tried trolling through the internet with Google and couldn't find an answer.

This is a MacBook Pro M1 and I use Photoshop and Lightroom, but if they caused it, they aren't doing it anymore.

Any ideas? I hate when something fiddles with my files without warning me.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Martin_99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,664
Re: What's doing this to my image names?

I could very easily add fixed name/parameter in Capture One export file name. I believe, that in Lightroom you can do it too. So you probably add it by mistake in the past.

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 OM-1 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS Olympus 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS +2 more
OP MRCocoa Regular Member • Posts: 200

Thank you, I'll check.

Martin_99 wrote:

I could very easily add fixed name/parameter in Capture One export file name. I believe, that in Lightroom you can do it too. So you probably add it by mistake in the past.

robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,798

Martin_99 wrote:

But the OP said it happened to NEF's as well and those cannot be exports

JohnSil
JohnSil Senior Member • Posts: 2,237

MRCocoa wrote:

I was sorting pictures and ran across a number of them with "3.48.09 AM" appended to the file name, as in "IMG_0001 3.48.09 AM.JPG" and it isn't limited to JPG's - it appears on PSD'd and PNG's and NEF's and every kind of image.

It's always the same, "3.48.09 AM" , so it doesn't appear to be related to me doing anything with them at a specific time of day.

I tried trolling through the internet with Google and couldn't find an answer.

This is a MacBook Pro M1 and I use Photoshop and Lightroom, but if they caused it, they aren't doing it anymore.

Any ideas? I hate when something fiddles with my files without warning me.

Hey that's my Birthday! Probably just reminding you to send me a gift!!! LoL

John

Bikeridr Forum Member • Posts: 76

Sounds like you have set a custom filename in camera.

-- hide signature --

Bikeridr - Happy amateur photographer

Bikeridr's gear list:Bikeridr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +9 more

Your birthday?  Get off my compute, hacker!

JohnSil wrote:

Hey that's my Birthday! Probably just reminding you to send me a gift!!! LoL

John

It's Photoshop.  Not sure what switch I clicked, but it added ti to a file this morning, so I know where to look.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I appreciate the help.

Martin_99 wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads