***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Nov 26th - Dec 2nd, 2022***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,761
Re: Snaps

I really like the first one.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 20D +34 more
sakura1 Regular Member • Posts: 128
Fall reflection

sakura1's gear list:sakura1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +1 more
Re: Bangladesh

Abrak,

Your photos capture wonderfully a glimpse of Bangladesh. The first and last ones are my favorites.

Sony RX100 II Sony a7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +1 more
surfoxy
surfoxy Contributing Member • Posts: 936
Re: Fall reflection

First one is wonderfully minimalistic, with really nice color.

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN +2 more
spacejemz Regular Member • Posts: 171
Tonight's Moon

Finally got a chance to use my new tripod (Innorel RT90C - this is one beefy tripod - huge difference over the $100 Geekoto carbon fiber one I was using previously)...600mm felt super stable with no wobble using the 600mm lens...

spacejemz's gear list:spacejemz's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a1 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-200 F4 +4 more
Re: Fall reflection

surfoxy wrote:

First one is wonderfully minimalistic, with really nice color.

Thank you!

spacejemz Regular Member • Posts: 171
Some pics from last week's Fort Worth Parade of Lights

Some shots I got from the parade...definitely tricky since the lighting was not very good...

spacejemz's gear list:spacejemz's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a1 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-200 F4 +4 more
Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,040
Syon Enchanted Woodland; London; England

The days are short here in the UK at the moment, it gets dark around 4:30pm, and that means that lights events are happening Various gardens and parks are lit up, and you buy your ticket, and then take part in the UK weather lottery. I drew a reasonable, but not amazing day. There was a spell of heavy rain as I walked around, and it drizzled often, but it was quite warm (10C/50F), and not too windy. These are my favourites from my wander around Syon Park's Enchanted Woodland event on Saturday night:

Reflecting on the wonders of the lights season

Ring light; these change colours continuously, so I had to shoot at ISO6400. Thank goodness for DxO PhotoLab f/16 in the hopes of provoking some sunstars. Didn't  happen.

Play drizzly for me. Looks like fog, but actually drizzle. The reflections look good due to the long exposure.

Enchanted Forest; the little blue lights were caused by children trailing LED light sticks through the woodland.

The grand finale. Fortunately the lasers were pointed above head height at all times. I watched the display a couple of times through to make sure the sensor wasn't going to get zapped. A well engineered display.

I hope you like them

rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,684
Re: Syon Enchanted Woodland; London; England

Lan wrote:

Reflecting on the wonders of the lights season

Ring light; these change colours continuously, so I had to shoot at ISO6400. Thank goodness for DxO PhotoLab f/16 in the hopes of provoking some sunstars. Didn't happen.

Play drizzly for me. Looks like fog, but actually drizzle. The reflections look good due to the long exposure.

Enchanted Forest; the little blue lights were caused by children trailing LED light sticks through the woodland.

The grand finale. Fortunately the lasers were pointed above head height at all times. I watched the display a couple of times through to make sure the sensor wasn't going to get zapped. A well engineered display.

I hope you like them

I like them very much...very nice series and great colors!!!

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Sony a7R V Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +11 more
Bender79ita
Bender79ita Senior Member • Posts: 1,941
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Nov 26th - Dec 2nd, 2022***

Wow, so many nice pictures. I'm jealous of you guys living in the bigger cities

I went for a bike ride last night, decided to bring the camera gear with me. Some shooting is better than no shooting, right?

We have a dismissed railroad track that was converted for biking.

You can see a few thing from it, like this small town.

Or this boat parking lot and the pier with two trabuccos.

A few railroad maintenance depots were sold to people with connections in the town halls and converted to summer housing. They're worth a TON of money now. On the left, you can't see the sea. Ha. Ha.

That's it for the week. Hopefully next week-end I'll find more intresting things to photograph.

Bender79ita's gear list:Bender79ita's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a7 IV Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 Samyang AF 45mm F1.8 FE +1 more
JayJee Regular Member • Posts: 329

Abrak wrote:

A great set of images using multiple methods and hooks. You have some serious photographic talent and an excellent eye. Hard to teach that. Bravo and well done!

P.S: Get back to that final location (is it a brick yard?), put someone in a more contrasting, standout color in the scene and play around with different focal lengths.

JayJee's gear list:JayJee's gear list
Sony a7R IVA Sony a7R V Canon EOS R6 Mark II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II Sony a6600 +35 more
LouMeluso
LouMeluso Contributing Member • Posts: 926

A delightful set of images

LouMeluso's gear list:LouMeluso's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Sony a7C Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +13 more
Puppy2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
Osnabrück (Germany)

I visited the city a month ago, but processed the pictures now

Puppy2007's gear list:Puppy2007's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7C Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE Tamron 24mm F2.8 Di III OSD +4 more
rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,684
Re: Recent events

Fantastic shots Sundre!!! Very well done!!!

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Sony a7R V Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +11 more
Puppy2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,046

The #1 is great. It seems the 35-150 lens is really capable for events, except of the weight

Puppy2007's gear list:Puppy2007's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7C Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE Tamron 24mm F2.8 Di III OSD +4 more
win10-64 Contributing Member • Posts: 575
Juvenile goldcrest.

-- hide signature --

For every house is builded by some man; but He that built all things is God. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Craig Gillette Forum Pro • Posts: 12,960

Well seen.  What is #7?  With candles?

Re: Huntington Gardens

Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens, San Marino, CA, US

Took a quick local trip today to see if much fall color was happening.  Very little except the Gingkos. Here are a few taken while wandering the gardens.

Re: Some pics from last week's Fort Worth Parade of Lights

Well done.  We have a "Holiday Boat Parade" where the lit, decorated boats are towed through the city.  Much like this, mostly dark but pinpoint bright moving lights.

Sundre
Sundre Senior Member • Posts: 1,451

rogerjosem wrote:

Fantastic shots Sundre!!! Very well done!!!

Thank you!

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Sony a9 Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE Tamron 35-150mm F2-2.8 Di III VXD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads