External Mouse not working on Dell 7390 after uninstalling few drivers to maintain window integrity

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Nicole Curry New Member • Posts: 2
External Mouse not working on Dell 7390 after uninstalling few drivers to maintain window integrity

Hi, guys I had an annoying popup in windows defender regarding window/os integrity I uninstalled the said drivers as per instruction in an online blog now my bluetooth mouse is not working on my laptop anymore, I am used to the external mouse so, it is really getting frustrating, do I need fresh installation cz I cant reinstate the old of window version cz I don't have any image or restore point, Any leads regarding this issue. Thanks in advance.

Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 13,409
Re: External Mouse not working on Dell 7390 after uninstalling few drivers

Nicole Curry wrote:

Hi, guys I had an annoying popup in windows defender regarding window/os integrity I uninstalled the said drivers as per instruction in an online blog now my bluetooth mouse is not working on my laptop anymore, I am used to the external mouse so, it is really getting frustrating, do I need fresh installation cz I cant reinstate the old of window version cz I don't have any image or restore point, Any leads regarding this issue. Thanks in advance.

The only "integrity" setting I know of is Memory Integrity in Settings, Privacy and security, Windows Security, Device Security, Core Isolation details. If that's turned on, turn it off and reinstall your drivers.

IMO, it's a nice-to-have security feature, but it's relatively new in Windows and can also cause slowdowns in PCs with pre-8th generation CPUs as well as driver incompatibility.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Macro 30mm F2.8 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +6 more
LynniePad
LynniePad Veteran Member • Posts: 3,780
Re: BlutTooth External Mouse not working

Nicole Curry wrote:

There’s a good chance that the pop-up was a fake, and nothing to do with Defender. Also, following the instructions in “an on-line blog” usually leads to trouble.

If it’s just the mouse that you need, consider getting either a USB type, or maybe a wireless mouse that uses a USB dongle.

Personally, I’ve never been much interested in BlueTooth; damn silly name for a communications protocol. Does seem handy for connecting mobile phones to car audio, where it mostly works.

BobKnDP Senior Member • Posts: 2,794
Re: External Mouse not working on Dell 7390 after ...

I don't recall ever seeing such a popup.

However, you may be able to restore the mouse function by downloading and installing the appropriate drivers (Bluetooth?). https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/latitude-13-7390-laptop/drivers

OP Nicole Curry New Member • Posts: 2
Re: External Mouse not working on Dell 7390 after uninstalling drivers to maintain window integrity

Nicole Curry wrote:

Anyways guys as no one replied here, So, a little update, I tried several methods as described by online blogs of similar nature here is what worked for me,

Moderator edit!

Obviously, 'Nicole' actually got several replies. Given the spam link below, I'm deleting the remainder of this post and warning 'Nicole'.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads