Topaz A1 compatible with Sony a7IV

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 577
Topaz A1 compatible with Sony a7IV

I have the bundle of Topaz but using a Sony A7IV so do not think my raw images are compatible to edit.  Am I correct or missing something .

WhistlerNorth's gear list:WhistlerNorth's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 17,470
Re: Topaz A1 compatible with Sony a7IV

WhistlerNorth wrote:

I have the bundle of Topaz but using a Sony A7IV so do not think my raw images are compatible to edit. Am I correct or missing something .

I downloaded this raw image and processed it in Photo AI:

Processed from raw in Photo AI

And in PL5:

Processed from raw in PL5

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +22 more
OP WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 577

Digital Nigel wrote:

WhistlerNorth wrote:

I have the bundle of Topaz but using a Sony A7IV so do not think my raw images are compatible to edit. Am I correct or missing something .

And in PL5:

Thanks—- it is not listed on the compatible list.  Maynot have enough features re graphic card on my desktop for the program though— not too tech savvy so will have to figure that out next.

Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 23,924

WhistlerNorth wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

WhistlerNorth wrote:

And in PL5:

Thanks—- it is not listed on the compatible list.

Yes, it is - for Photo AI only, which supports Libraw 0.21. The other apps don't support it at this time. Look carefully at the text and the links on this page:

https://support.topazlabs.com/article/108-what-cameras-are-supported-in-topaz-labs-apps

OP WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 577

sybersitizen wrote:

WhistlerNorth wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

WhistlerNorth wrote:

And in PL5:

Thanks—- it is not listed on the compatible list.

Yes, it is - for Photo AI only, which supports Libraw 0.21. The other apps don't support it at this time. Look carefully at the text and the links on this page:

https://support.topazlabs.com/article/108-what-cameras-are-supported-in-topaz-labs-apps

Thanks,  I have activated the free purchase until my expiration date. I have been using the  denoise program  but after I have used camera raw and moviED  into the next stage, seems to have improved images anyways. Hopefully Sony A7IV will be supported soon.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads