***PHOTO OF THE WEEK 2 Oct - 9 Oct 2022*** Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,583
***PHOTO OF THE WEEK 2 Oct - 9 Oct 2022***

One photo taken with any Nikon camera - no extractions from video." The photo can be no older than two weeks from the submitted date.

- A second Nikon photo may be included with the submission, yet must be included with your original submission- no second posts.
- When posting your submission, "Reply" to the first (original) post, yet replace the title of the thread with the title of your photograph.
- This thread ends in one week at 9AM PST.
- Please include EXIF or just add date and camera type

VOTING: Anyone may vote, as many times as inspired.

COMMENTING:

Do not re-post images when commenting as it confuses voting.

No C&C on this weekly thread. Not really a "discussion" thread but a simple sharing of the two week periods shots. Please limit any discussion to simple short comments related to the photo

“Every artist has a central story to tell, and the difficulty, the impossible task, is trying to present that story in pictures”
– Gregory Crewdson

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Chuvarsky
Chuvarsky Veteran Member • Posts: 3,500
Yellowstone Grizzly

-- hide signature --

Dick

Chuvarsky's gear list:Chuvarsky's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +9 more
Kofla Olivieri
Kofla Olivieri Regular Member • Posts: 334
Condado Beach

-- hide signature --
 Kofla Olivieri's gear list:Kofla Olivieri's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
SoCalAngler Contributing Member • Posts: 983
Zoo Portraits

Can't travel far. These will have to do instead of wildlife.

SoCalAngler's gear list:SoCalAngler's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +10 more
Makinwaves123 Forum Member • Posts: 95
Pileated Woodpecker

Seen several at Whitefish Point in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Makinwaves123's gear list:Makinwaves123's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD +2 more
Mako2011
OP MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,583
Well...

Love it when someone "catches" an animal expression. Especially with birds. Well done!

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Damnerd
Damnerd Veteran Member • Posts: 3,786
Beyond

repair...

-- hide signature --

Don
Downloading re-editing/re-touching of my images is prohibited without express permission.
Do you walk into an art exhibit or walk up to an artist at his easel and say "let me see a brush, I'll fix it for you"?
That is ludicrous.
http://www.damnerd.com

anycolourfloyd Regular Member • Posts: 318
weekend interstate

grey fantail

pair of red-browed finches. unfortunately the background is busier than i would like but the pose of the birds is about as good as i could hope for to show off their characteristic colours.

anycolourfloyd's gear list:anycolourfloyd's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +3 more
Ainisru Regular Member • Posts: 399
Urban Birding

Here I am out again having some fun with my D200. One thing I do wish it had was 3D tracking AF. Was trying a mixture of C-AF and S-AF while walking around the area. Sensor definitely needs some cleaning though, was shooting some leaves w/ Nikon 40mm f/2.8 and... yikes.

Alberta Legislature Building - Renovations on going. The middle platform/raised area you see gets turned on during summer time and turns sort of like a pool w/ water jets. You'll see people come and relax and have fun.

My intentions when post processing was based around some pictures I've seen from photos taken in early 2000s. Punchy and contrasty, sharpening slightly overdone and coarse- so these photos aren't faithful or true to life.

Edit: Oops, I had EXIF removed using my favourite compression tool, RIOT.

First Picture: ISO 100, 1/80S, f/9, Nikon 40mm f/2.8

Second Picture: ISO 450, 1/200S, f/8, Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm @ 300mmm.

Taken today early evening.

-- hide signature --

I just like trying all sorts of cameras , but my soft spot is Micro Four Thirds.

Ainisru's gear list:Ainisru's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 +8 more
Bob A L Veteran Member • Posts: 6,659
Birdie in the bush

Out with my play toy of the day, my old D90. Just hampered by not enough focal length, and not enough mp to crop heavy, but thought I'd play anyway. Maybe I should have kept my Sigma 50-500.  But usually use my P900 for birds as there is no lack of focal length there.

Just gotta play with something different off and on.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads