Need info reg. Sony rx100 VI or VII

Started 5 months ago | Questions
juvdm
juvdm Regular Member • Posts: 121
Need info reg. Sony rx100 VI or VII

Hi ! I would like to buy a used Sony rx100 VI or VII not too expensive but I don't know where, if someone can help me for that... I'm in Canada near Montreal. I would like version VI or VII for the longer zoom. Also I would like to see the quality of a picture taken at the maximum Clear zoom at full resolution (about 20 mp I think). If someone could post a couple of pictures taken at max. Clear zoom and tell me the maximum mm (in 35 mm) I can get. Thank you very much.

*** Ah ok no need to post pictures tests, I found this website :

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/sony-rx100-vii-zoom-range/

juvdm's gear list:juvdm's gear list
Panasonic ZS200
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
redhed17
redhed17 Senior Member • Posts: 1,932
Re: Need info reg. Sony rx100 VI or VII

Thanks for the link to that site. Some interesting stuff on there.

As for places to buy, I have bought a RX100III used on a UK photography forum I am a member of, and that had the benefit of it being from another member. That site also makes it not easy for anyone just to join and sell stuff, so that gives some piece of mind that someone is not there just to sell some stuff. That worked out OK.

I bought a RX100V from eBay last year, and taking note of the quality of the ad, and the reputation of the seller should be the minimum to try and cover yourself as far as you can. And that worked out OK too.

An example of that is, I bought a RX100VII on eBay a couple of weeks ago, and in one of the pics the corner was scuffed, which I was fine with and bought it. When I received the camera, the bottom plate had come away slightly, which was not clear in the pictures, and so I decided to return it. The seller was great throughout the sale, answering questions beforehand, and keeping communication throughout. As he said, it takes a long time time to build a reputation, but no time to tarnish one. If people sell on eBay a bit, they normally want people to be happy in the deal.

I currently have a bid on another RX100VII that ends in a couple of days. I would say when it comes to something like eBay, set a price that you're will to pay, and stick to it. I won't be sitting there counting down waiting to up my bid if 'necessary', if someone bids more than my maximum bid, good luck to them, I'll look for the next one.

I considered buying off a couple of UK photography stores that also deal in used equipment, but their prices, even with part exchanging the RX100III, it still would have worked out more expensive that what I am prepared to pay on eBay, and I of course still have the RX100III to sell to recoup some money back.

Hope that is of some help.

-- hide signature --

Redhed17
My hair is not red, and I am sadly way past 17. LoL
http://500px.com/redhed17

redhed17's gear list:redhed17's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Sony RX100 V Sony RX100 VII +2 more
juvdm
OP juvdm Regular Member • Posts: 121

Thank you very for your good info, that will help me for sure

Panasonic ZS200
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 39,635

juvdm wrote:

Hi ! I would like to buy a used Sony rx100 VI or VII not too expensive but I don't know where, if someone can help me for that... I'm in Canada near Montreal. I would like version VI or VII for the longer zoom. Also I would like to see the quality of a picture taken at the maximum Clear zoom at full resolution (about 20 mp I think). If someone could post a couple of pictures taken at max. Clear zoom and tell me the maximum mm (in 35 mm) I can get. Thank you very much.

*** Ah ok no need to post pictures tests, I found this website :

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/sony-rx100-vii-zoom-range/

Clear Image Zoom at maximum 2x works only with jpegs and takes the central 5MP of the sensor and interpolates that back up to the normal 20MP jpeg size. OK for screen view or print sizes up to about 8x12 inches.

Usually though shooting raw files, using a quality raw converter then cropping as needed to get the required zoom works a little better.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
juvdm
OP juvdm Regular Member • Posts: 121

Thanks for the info

Panasonic ZS200
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads