*** Mini Challenge #712 - Look Up! --- WINNERS ***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Len Philpot
Len Philpot Contributing Member • Posts: 573
*** Mini Challenge #712 - Look Up! --- WINNERS ***

As has been the pattern lately, not too many entries but some good ones, so let's get right to it...

Honorable Mention

Don't nice rendition of the Washington USAF memorial. The clear blue sky complements the graceful reaching curves of the memorial and you've captured it perfectly. This represents flight just as well as the famous sculpture "Bird in Space" by Constantin Brâncuși.

Richard's USAF Thunderbird (am I on a USAF theme...?). This is as clean, sharp and graphical as they come. Very well done.

Don's curious crowd of heaven-gazers! Seeing any group of people intently gazing at a common sight is always interesting, and usually kind of humorous.

Third Place

JPAlbert's little dog. Man, I'm a sucker for a cute face! And being 6' 2"-ish, I have no real feeling for how it feels living life near the ground so I can't put myself in his paws. LOL

Second Place

RIchard's perfectly composed and executed heads-up rending of LA's Century City Towers. In this case I think the variation of the clouds is a good thing because it adds interest.

First Place

Steve came back with a new "Look Up" and I can't resist a pun. The question is, has it been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls' porch?

Thanks to all who entered and congratulations to Steve for his creative entry and for his first place win. The next MC Is all yours!

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

Len Philpot
Retirement: 4th best thing to happen to me
https://www.instagram.com/lphilpot01/
https://flic.kr/ps/doiTr

Len Philpot's gear list:Len Philpot's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Topaz Adjust Topaz DeJPEG Topaz Detail +13 more
stevet1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,221
Re: *** Mini Challenge #712 - Look Up! --- WINNERS ***

Len Philpot wrote:

As has been the pattern lately, not too many entries but some good ones, so let's get right to it...

First Place

Steve came back with a new "Look Up" and I can't resist a pun. The question is, has it been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls' porch?

Len,

Thanks for the first place win.

That's the first time I ever won anything.

The dictionary is about 100 years old (at least), and has survived many moves around the country.

I'll put up a new challenge right away.

Steve Thomas

stevet1's gear list:stevet1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
Richard Glenn
Richard Glenn Senior Member • Posts: 1,382

A big thank you to Len for my HM and 2nd Place. Congratulations to Steve on the win.

Richard Glenn's gear list:Richard Glenn's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
The_WB Contributing Member • Posts: 566

The 1st Place showing was a true classic of creative interpretation of the term "look Up"!  Hat tip here is a must.

Thank you for the HM of my USAF Memorial picture.  Yes, it was a beautiful day in Washington DC when I shot that photo.  Just wished I had a lot more time to visit.

Congrat's to all who submitted.  On to the next challenge.

Dunlin Senior Member • Posts: 2,484

Congrats Steve. 

Dunlin's gear list:Dunlin's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX410 IS Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Gimp +6 more
Ontarian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,652

Great MC.  Thanks for the HM and congrats to Steve on the win.

Don

Ontarian's gear list:Ontarian's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads