Repair AF on Nikon 24-70

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
hypercore360 Senior Member • Posts: 1,951
Repair AF on Nikon 24-70

Need to try and get the AF motor/electronics fixed on my Nikkor 24-70 (non-VR).

Does anyone know of a shop here in the U.S. that does the work (I'm sure there are). The item is well out of warranty for many years now.

In the end, it may not be worth fixing, and just use it as a MF lens. That can work well enough with focus-peaking.

Any input, thanks ahead of time.

Cheers

Michael Benveniste
Michael Benveniste Veteran Member • Posts: 6,329
Re: Repair AF on Nikon 24-70

hypercore360 wrote:

Does anyone know of a shop here in the U.S. that does the work (I'm sure there are). The item is well out of warranty for many years now.

I was very satisfied with the work done by https://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/.  Such a repair will not be inexpensive, though.

In the end, it may not be worth fixing, and just use it as a MF lens. That can work well enough with focus-peaking.

Good luck however you decide.

-- hide signature --

Light travels at 2.13085531 × 10^14 smoots per fortnight. Catch some today!

Michael Benveniste's gear list:Michael Benveniste's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +46 more
OP hypercore360 Senior Member • Posts: 1,951

Thank you Michael !

I'll check them out.

Cheers

Michael Benveniste wrote:

hypercore360 wrote:

I was very satisfied with the work done by https://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/. Such a repair will not be inexpensive, though.

Good luck however you decide.

PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 19,529

If it is just electronics, might be easier in some ways than you think.   There are probably a bunch of old 24-70 g's with a case of zoom grind for sale cheap.   Good source of parts as long as you don't need the barrels or zoom mechanism.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +45 more

I know it can be fixed. The electronics are shot. It's just a function of how much $ to fix.

Cheers

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

If it is just electronics, might be easier in some ways than you think. There are probably a bunch of old 24-70 g's with a case of zoom grind for sale cheap. Good source of parts as long as you don't need the barrels or zoom mechanism.

I made initial contact with these guys today... Someone is supposed to get back to me to further discuss the details.

Let's see what happens.

Michael Benveniste wrote:

I was very satisfied with the work done by https://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/. Such a repair will not be inexpensive, though.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads