Food Delivery

Started 5 months ago | Photos
jimi1127 Contributing Member • Posts: 590
Food Delivery

NYC

-- hide signature --

www.joejosephs.net

jimi1127's gear list:jimi1127's gear list
Ricoh GR IIIx Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +2 more
jj pietro Regular Member • Posts: 149
Re: Food Delivery

That is just a very good, classic image of urban food delivery. The rainy night, lights reflecting on the pavement...a night no one wants to go out in and yet...delivery. I always tip a bit more when the weather is crappy.

misterodd
misterodd Senior Member • Posts: 2,265

Cool capture of a cool scene!  I first read it as "Retro Diner" but then quickly realized that it was "Metro Diner."     In either case, the diner, the scene, the image, and the technique are top notch.

-- hide signature --

Box Man

misterodd's gear list:misterodd's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon 1 V3 +15 more
OP jimi1127 Contributing Member • Posts: 590

Thank you jj. A physically demanding job these guys do and for minimum wage and tips. Many are recent arrivals to NYC trying to make ends meet and keep their families afloat. Full respect from me that’s for sure.

jj pietro wrote:

That is just a very good, classic image of urban food delivery. The rainy night, lights reflecting on the pavement...a night no one wants to go out in and yet...delivery. I always tip a bit more when the weather is crappy.

-- hide signature --

www.joejosephs.net

Ricoh GR IIIx Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +2 more
OP jimi1127 Contributing Member • Posts: 590

Thank you Box Man, snapped this rainy scene in 2011. Umbrella in left hand, camera in right. Somehow it turned out okay

misterodd wrote:

Cool capture of a cool scene! I first read it as "Retro Diner" but then quickly realized that it was "Metro Diner." In either case, the diner, the scene, the image, and the technique are top notch.

-- hide signature --

www.joejosephs.net

misterodd
misterodd Senior Member • Posts: 2,265

jimi1127 wrote:

Thank you Box Man, snapped this rainy scene in 2011. Umbrella in left hand, camera in right. Somehow it turned out okay

misterodd wrote:

Cool capture of a cool scene! I first read it as "Retro Diner" but then quickly realized that it was "Metro Diner." In either case, the diner, the scene, the image, and the technique are top notch.

Even more impressive.  Jugging your duties and still getting the shot as the torrent lashes against your head.

-- hide signature --

Box Man

misterodd's gear list:misterodd's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon 1 V3 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads