Elephant cove Denmark Western Australia.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Escapes Regular Member • Posts: 104
Elephant cove Denmark Western Australia.

E.

BlueRay2 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,816
Re: Elephant cove Denmark Western Australia.

these are very surreal looking rock formations. nice capture.

-- hide signature --

The eye sees all but the mind shows us what we want. w, Shakespeare

Rabster64 Contributing Member • Posts: 945

I'm liking this too E'. I can see why they call it Elephant cove.

Gary from Seattle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,632

I like it, beautiful rock colors and a different kind of scene. Nice imagination.

I do think there may be either a bit too much saturation or contrast on the rocks - not a lot - but a bit.

Gary from Seattle's gear list:Gary from Seattle's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +7 more
jaggedhorizon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,103

Indeed very interesting rock formations. While I agree with the post above that they look a tiny bit pushed (but maybe brightness and contrast rather than saturation and contrast), I kinda like the look - it goes well with the unreality of the shapes. Well done!

jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
OP Escapes Regular Member • Posts: 104

BlueRay2 wrote:

these are very surreal looking rock formations. nice capture.

Thanks. This coastline is one of the best places for landscape photography.

E.

Rabster64 wrote:

I'm liking this too E'. I can see why they call it Elephant cove.

Only a small part is able to captured from ground, worth looking up Andrew Marr's video of landscape photography in Elephant Cove to get a real idea of the beauty of this area.

E..

Gary from Seattle wrote:

I like it, beautiful rock colors and a different kind of scene. Nice imagination.

I do think there may be either a bit too much saturation or contrast on the rocks - not a lot - but a bit.

Possible my inexperience at this kind of photography and PP as well. Most of what I have learnt so far has come from landscape videos done by US/Canadian photographers as well as one from my home town on YouTube

Thanks for your comment.

E.

jaggedhorizon wrote:

Indeed very interesting rock formations. While I agree with the post above that they look a tiny bit pushed (but maybe brightness and contrast rather than saturation and contrast), I kinda like the look - it goes well with the unreality of the shapes. Well done!

Thanks for the comments. On a big learning curve with landscape photography as well as PP with most info coming from YouTube videos. For a better look at the area worth looking up Andrew Marr's landscape video on Elephant Cove.

E.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads