Night backgammon players

Started 4 months ago | Photos
RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 7,419
Night backgammon players

The shores of the Mediterranean, two men passing the time by playing backgammon, and their ladies simply "drinking in" the calm evening atmosphere.

Shot with a 45-year old Nikkor 50mm f 1.4 at f 2.0

(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 442
Re: Night backgammon players

RUcrAZ wrote:

The shores of the Mediterranean, two men passing the time by playing backgammon, and their ladies simply "drinking in" the calm evening atmosphere.

such an unusual photograph ..the composition (the framing is stunning) the light, the boats, the softness. And I love the depth created by the vegetation. At f/2 and the distances involved the lens (and credit to it's owner) has created a very artful scene.

ant

RUcrAZ
OP RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 7,419

Thank you for the kind words. You are one of very few people who appreciate the essense of such a picture. (I had to remove a number of telephone cables from the original.)

barbara j Contributing Member • Posts: 711

RUcrAZ wrote:

What do you call an image that tells a wonderful story? Expressive? This has it!

The ladies will be there for awhile, like the little boats in the water

-- hide signature --
 barbara j's gear list:barbara j's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
RUcrAZ
OP RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 7,419

Thank you for the kind words. There's a bit of a story, the two couples were there for seval hours, I think they finally packed it in around midnight. The men with their backgammon, the ladies "commenting on various mutual acquaintances" - according to someone who spent some time there. I think the ladies had more fun.

On the technical side, this is the result of 3 or 4 shots. Because of the very slow shutter speed (some shots were 30 seconds long) the people naturally moved, and blur occurred. But since the camera was on a tripod, I was able to "clone" one lady from one photo and replaced her in another, in which she was blurred. Fun! 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads