D750 r23 error message

Started 5 months ago | Questions
D750Gal New Member • Posts: 4
D750 r23 error message

I keep getting an r23 error message on my Nikon D750. When I press down on the shutter button it won't work/ take the photo.

I turned the camera on/off, put the memory card in/out, also the battery and still nothing. Today I used a new memory card and the problem still persists.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help,Alicia

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 19,526
Re: D750 r23 error message

R23 is the remaining number of shots in the buffer - in this case, 23 shots.   Not an error message and nothing to do with the issue.

Do you by any chance have the camera set to AF-S and AF on the lens set to manual?

Are you sure the camera sees a card?

Try a 2-button reset.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +45 more
OP D750Gal New Member • Posts: 4

Thanks for the response.Camera at AF-C and AF on lens.

How do I do a two button reset?

pmgnut
pmgnut Contributing Member • Posts: 928

D750Gal wrote:

Here you go https://www.nikonusa.com/en/learn-and-explore/a/tips-and-techniques/using-the-2-button-reset-feature-on-nikon-dslr-cameras.html

pmgnut's gear list:pmgnut's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 19,526

D750Gal wrote:

I don't have a D750, but it's generally easy to look up in the manual.

That should return the camera to a known-working state, so if there are still issues, it becomes more likely to be a hardware error rather than user error.

There are some settings that change AF behavior.   One of course is having it turned off on the lens. (Do you have another lens to test with?)   Another is a setting in the camera preventing you from taking a picture if you don't have a card installed.   Another might be that you have enabled AF-ON Only, which stops using the shutter button for AF - but still lets you take a picture, though I'm not clear if it would do anything when camera set to AF-S instead of AF-C.

It's a bit unclear exactly what you mean doesn't work, by the way.  No autofocus, but it will take an image?  No autofocus, no image taking?  Camera doesn't even respond to half-press of the shutter release?   Can you manually focus a lens and take an image?

Does half pressing the shutter button wake the camera up from sleep mode?  (Bring up any changes in any display?)

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +45 more

Appreciate the link. Have a great day

JohnnyLuddite Senior Member • Posts: 1,888

Also to check the obvious - I get caught out from time to time - is the mode dial set to delayed shutter? If so, it'll seem like nothing is happening when you press the shutter.

JohnnyLuddite's gear list:JohnnyLuddite's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +6 more

Thanks.  Will definitely recheck

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads