***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, July 30th - Aug 5th, 2022***

Started Jul 29, 2022 | Discussions
WhistlerNorth
WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Re: BC Great Bear Rain Forest

rogerjosem wrote:

Excellent series. Well done 🙂

Thanks Roger,  I tried to show some of the diversity of the area and the weather.

I am still going through editing my photos of that 11 day trip and posting pictures as I go. 
I took almost all in raw so often I do not know what I have until I edit it. Lots of varying light and white balance figuring out. Learning as I go,  We had a real mix bag of weather conditions—- eventually felt comfortable using my camera with a rain sleeve but took awhile to trust it . What I did figure out though is that my Sigma 100-400 took better photos at 1/500th of a second most of time rather than 1/1000— expect more light helped and focus seemed better, it seems.  That too is a learning curve with minimal shutter speed and exposure adjustments with different backgrounds of dark and light around the animals.

WhistlerNorth's gear list:WhistlerNorth's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
LD Photography Regular Member • Posts: 412
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, July 30th - Aug 5th, 2022***

Just a few from trip to Grampians National part, Sony A7riv, Sony 24 105,Tamron 17 28

LD Photography's gear list:LD Photography's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a7R V Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +5 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 6,321
Re: beautiful hungry female bat flying with her pup

Wonderful capture of mother and child, in flight no less. Nice work. Almost every day at dusk or later, the bats fly above us outside my home at about 3 to 4 meters high. But I never see them during daylight. I'd love to be able to capture them in daylight like you did.

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +16 more
VisionLight

Bonsainz wrote:

Just a few from trip to Grampians National part, Sony A7riv, Sony 24 105,Tamron 17 28

I love the mood and the light in this image.

-- hide signature --
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +16 more
Sundre
Sundre Senior Member • Posts: 1,787

These look promising, but at least when I look at them, images #1 and #2 appear to have been exported at a very low quality, making them appear blotchy on anything larger than a phone screen. An accidental error perhaps? Images #1 and #2 appear to be 1-2 MB in size, whereas image #3 is over 12 MB.

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Sony a9 Tamron 35-150mm F2-2.8 Di III VXD
Derek Dean
Derek Dean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,377
Re: A Náplavka Night

I really do enjoy your use of B&W, and I find all 3 images quite compelling.  Nicely done : )

Derek Dean's gear list:Derek Dean's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Colorado Snowman
Colorado Snowman Contributing Member • Posts: 646

Yuval, that is a great offer!  Thank you!  Dean

Colorado Snowman's gear list:Colorado Snowman's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
VisionLight
Re: A particularly clear night

Colorado Snowman wrote:

Ed, I for one, really enjoyed seeing your photo. Really nice detail in the craters and the surface of the moon. Nice job hand holding that big Sigma! Regards, Dean

Thanks for your comments Dean. Note that I still haven't adapted the A7R IV to the telescope, but I will get there. Some day. 

-- hide signature --
hapixfun
hapixfun Regular Member • Posts: 149
70-200 goes for small

Nature reserve leyduin The Netherlands

Nature reserve leyduin The Netherlands

hapixfun's gear list:hapixfun's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7R IV Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +1 more
Sundre

Derek Dean wrote:

I really do enjoy your use of B&W, and I find all 3 images quite compelling. Nicely done : )

Thank you! I have been experimenting with Nik Silver Efex Pro 3 for B&W editing. I like what it can do, only wish it didn't result in 200 MB TIFF files.

WhistlerNorth
WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 677

Sundre wrote:

Derek Dean wrote:

I really do enjoy your use of B&W, and I find all 3 images quite compelling. Nicely done : )

Thank you! I have been experimenting with Nik Silver Efex Pro 3 for B&W editing. I like what it can do, only wish it didn't result in 200 MB TIFF files.

Wow 200 MB files but fortunately  you posted in smaller 2.3 files.    Those would take up some space on your computer.

WhistlerNorth's gear list:WhistlerNorth's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
Yuval Barkai
Yuval Barkai New Member • Posts: 9

Thank you very much:)) and as I told Daen, if you come to Tel Aviv, I will try to find a nice urban daylight location. just let me know...

Yuval Barkai's gear list:Yuval Barkai's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7 IV Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD
Sundre

WhistlerNorth wrote:

Sundre wrote:

Derek Dean wrote:

Wow 200 MB files but fortunately you posted in smaller 2.3 files. Those would take up some space on your computer.

Yes, very impractical. I don't know why it can't work with the RAW files directly. It's enough of a storage concern that I don't think I'll buy it when the trial runs out.

When I export from Lightroom to JPEG, I limit file size to 2 MB (well, Lightroom's version of it ) as that is generally perfectly sufficient for sharing online.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads