How to get the focus point to appear ......... D750

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
davethebirder Regular Member • Posts: 399
How to get the focus point to appear ......... D750

Just a quick one ..... I can no longer see the red focus point when reviewing images on the rear screen ....... cannot find the setting in the menu .......

thanks

Ok I found it ....... sorry !!

davethebirder's gear list:davethebirder's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR +1 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
WWeber Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: How to get the focus point to appear ......... D750

I don't know the D750 but my with my D5 I can switch through the different display options with the multiselector up/down when in full image mode (not zoomed in or multiple pictures shown)

If it is not visible / selectable this way there is an option in the playback menu

mrdale Regular Member • Posts: 394

See page 246 in the user manual.

OP davethebirder Regular Member • Posts: 399

mrdale wrote:

See page 246 in the user manual.

thanks but ........

I did look to find the appropriate section of the manual ......... but frankly I hate looking there ....... everything is scattered about randomly with a hundred pages between different aspects of AF etc. ...... why I don't know ! .........

........ when anyone writes RTFM ........ I crouch down trembling, holding up my cross in fear and shielding my eyes with the other hand ........ normally I'm not religious .......... but like the drowning atheist ....... I prey for a floating straw nevertheless ..........

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124690178@N08/

davethebirder's gear list:davethebirder's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR +1 more
David Lal Forum Pro • Posts: 13,142
Thank you

I'm grateful to you for asking the question and to the respondents for answering. I did not even know the D750 could do this. I have now set mine up also to show the focus point.

JohnnyLuddite Senior Member • Posts: 1,803

You can also see the focus point in NX Studio if you use that. As per the FM, it doesn't appear in the focus modes noted (AF-C/AF-A or without focus lock in AF-C)

JohnnyLuddite's gear list:JohnnyLuddite's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads