Nikkor 50mm 1.8

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Tony_Red New Member • Posts: 1
Nikkor 50mm 1.8

Hello! I have been wandering about buying the Nikon FTZ adapter for my Z5, I used to have a D200 with a lot of Nikon lenses, in there I have the 50mm which doesn't show any D or G sign to indicate if it is DX format or not. So I was wondering if this lens was going to have the crop factor when I use it on the Z5 with the adapter, or if it's a true FF lens.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Nikon Z5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
fpapp
fpapp Senior Member • Posts: 1,487
Re: Nikkor 50mm 1.8

Tony_Red wrote:

Hello! I have been wandering about buying the Nikon FTZ adapter for my Z5, I used to have a D200 with a lot of Nikon lenses, in there I have the 50mm which doesn't show any D or G sign to indicate if it is DX format or not. So I was wondering if this lens was going to have the crop factor when I use it on the Z5 with the adapter, or if it's a true FF lens.

It's full frame, there are no DX 50mm lenses. If it's not the "G" version it will be manual focus only with the FTZ.

fpapp's gear list:fpapp's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon D5600 +73 more
Michael Benveniste
Michael Benveniste Veteran Member • Posts: 6,199

All Nikon 50mm lenses are “FX” lenses, but if the 50mm Nikkors, only the G lenses will provide autofocus operation with the FTZ adapter.

-- hide signature --

Light travels at 2.13085531 × 10^14 smoots per fortnight. Catch some today!

Michael Benveniste's gear list:Michael Benveniste's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +46 more
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 19,042

Sounds like an AF or AF-D version.  Has a switch to lock aperture at F22?  Has a small mechanical coupling for screwdriver-type autofocus?

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +45 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads