C&C: A set from the last several weeks

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
deepsun
deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 75
C&C: A set from the last several weeks

I've been focusing on street photography for the last several weeks and would welcome some C&C. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

deepsun's gear list:deepsun's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
deepsun
OP deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: C&C: A set from the last several weeks

Anybody mind giving some C&C, please?

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 41,295

Your pictures look bright and cheery.  There's enough depth of field to my liking.  The shutter speed didn't have to be that high in some of them.

You might want to take more pictures of people of their front side.  It means, although, some may not like it when they see you do it.  But it's something I do.  If you go with someone else, that helps reduce any bullying that you might experience.  Also know the laws of taking pictures in a public place of people that are strangers in your area.  It varies all over the world.  I've found that by using the LCD screen of my mirrorless or DSLR camera and tilting it, that it doesn't appear that I'm taking a picture of them.  That way, the photo can stay candid and you don't have to point the camera directly at one's face.

deepsun
OP deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 75

Digirame wrote:

Your pictures look bright and cheery. There's enough depth of field to my liking. The shutter speed didn't have to be that high in some of them.

You might want to take more pictures of people of their front side. It means, although, some may not like it when they see you do it. But it's something I do. If you go with someone else, that helps reduce any bullying that you might experience. Also know the laws of taking pictures in a public place of people that are strangers in your area. It varies all over the world. I've found that by using the LCD screen of my mirrorless or DSLR camera and tilting it, that it doesn't appear that I'm taking a picture of them. That way, the photo can stay candid and you don't have to point the camera directly at one's face.

Thanks for the feedback! I usually shoot aperture priority and auto ISO for street photos to keep my shutter speed higher. And I usually shoot faster apertures, which I’ve actually been doing less of the past few days so I get more in focus.

Yeah, I’m still working to overcome nerves when it comes to shooting people so a lot of my photos are from the side of back. But I do shoot from the hip quite a bit, just didn’t have any real keepers to share.

Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 41,295

Using a twisted LCD screen works pretty well, so that the image is level (instead of guessing at the hip level).  You can sit at a bench and look down at the images in the LCD screen and it looks like you are just reviewing pictures.  For fun I took some of some people that were very close to me at 15mm focal length.  The lighting was not that great that day, but the experiment worked well.  My mirrorless cameras are not as noisy as my DSLR cameras, but they are not completely silent either.  Ideally everything would work better if there was absolutely no noise coming from the camera.

Again, I recommend traveling with a friend when you are taking street photos.  It's better that way, instead of being alone.  Read the about the laws of what you can photograph and what you cannot.  That helps so you know that you are doing everything that is legitimate if someone questions you of what you are doing.  Have fun playing with your camera but also be safe.

Don_D
Don_D Forum Pro • Posts: 20,935

deepsun, I like your compositions, your images, and many of them convey a mood to me.

I think you're on the right track to getting some real great sp.

-- hide signature --

Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 19,811

These stood out for me -

Strong lighting.  Several of the other shots were too centered.

carryon 

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads