Left Weighted S1?

Started Jun 24, 2022 | Discussions
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 48,265
Left Weighted S1?

I am perfectly happy with my S1.  I don't need to change.

However when using heavy lenses on the S1 I have noticed some strain on my right wrist.  I am well aware of using the left hand to support the lens and am not an "out of balance" complainer.  However just picking up the S1 compared to my G9 makes the left biased body weight very obvious by comparison.

Swapping to a smaller lighter lens does not make any appreciable difference - it is not the lens weight as more the the body weight bias - even though the lenses themselves must have something to do with it.

By comparison if there is any left-bias on the G9 it is not noticeable in use. Even with large lenses.

Why might this be so? - I can only think that it is the leverage caused by the centreline difference between the lens mount and the camera grip. Roughly 60mm on the G9 and 70mm on the S1.  One might not have thought that this relatively small distance would make that much difference to the feel of the camera body in hand.  The S1 of course provides an impressively large evf and the overall weight of the body is 899gm compared to the G9 "lightweight" 658gm.  Furthermore I have no idea of the relative placement of weightier components inside the bodies.

It is just that when I pick up the S1 it immediately seems to try and rotate my wrist to the the left but with the G9, even with a substantial lens on board, the feel is 'perfect balance'.

I talk about the G9 because I have had one since first introduction and I really like it.  I can compare my S1 and G9 directly.

The purpose of this post is to see if other S1/S1R users have noticed the left weighted bias of these cameras and whether the S5 feels better balanced considering that it has similar dimensions to the G9 (slightly more compact) and only a slightly heavier build at 714gm.

I guess that the S5 is similarly balanced in the hand as the G9 (ie: excellent) and perhaps this is the reason why it gets many plaudits from its devoted users rather than simply its lighter weight and physical size.

With the near perfect ergonomics of the S1 this is about the only 'complaint' I can raise.  The physical weight does not bother me.  Perhaps I have weak wrists?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mrb375
mrb375 Contributing Member • Posts: 921
Re: Left Weighted S1?

Face it - the S1 is a big girl…

mrb375's gear list:mrb375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM Sigma 40mm F1.4 (L-mount) +5 more
georgehudetz Veteran Member • Posts: 6,644

It's just physics. The S1 is heavier and wider, and therefore will create a greater moment (rotational or twisting force that your hand must resist) when it is held from the side.

Btw, a moment is defined by the force (weight) multiplied by a distance. Using the numbers you list above - and assuming that the center of gravity is on the lens axis (not necessarily true) gives the S1 a moment that is roughly 57% greater than the G9 - which you would absolutely feel - even though the S1 is only 36% heavier.

Not much can be done about that other than making the S1 grip as ergonomic as possible so that you don't notice the greater moment as much as you might otherwise.

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35mm F4 +4 more
OP MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 48,265

georgehudetz wrote:

It's just physics. The S1 is heavier and wider, and therefore will create a greater moment (rotational or twisting force that your hand must resist) when it is held from the side.

Btw, a moment is defined by the force (weight) multiplied by a distance. Using the numbers you list above - and assuming that the center of gravity is on the lens axis (not necessarily true) gives the S1 a moment that is roughly 57% greater than the G9 - which you would absolutely feel - even though the S1 is only 36% heavier.

Not much can be done about that other than making the S1 grip as ergonomic as possible so that you don't notice the greater moment as much as you might otherwise.

Thanks George - I have had dlsr bodies for years and a good collection of EF mount lenses.

Camera body heft and potential wrist-twist is not a new subject for me.

Rather than jump right as most of have done and buy into new lenses to go with new bodies i have tended to jump left and keep my old lenses and adapt them.  As a result I did the logical and bought "ae end of a lang song" Canon 5Ds at a very good price when Canon was cleaning out their dslr stables. Bought a pretty cheap dedicated oem battery grip as well and a spare very cheap couple of oem battery chargers for belt and braces composure.

I had not thought to compare the left twist of the S1 compared to the 5Ds.

So I brought 'big heft' out with battery pack and all and surprisingly the centreline of the mount with centreline of the grip and it measured a very similar 70mm.  Of course the dslr is chunkier and thicker than the ML S1 camera body for grip finger wrap.  The battery grip gives me a deeper full five finger grip as well.

The dslr feels its heft fairly markedly but does not feel left weighted.  I do acknowledge that the lower part of the battery grip does balance against the heel of my hand below the five finger grip.  I would need to remove the battery pack to see if the unadorned 5Ds felt more similar in hand.  But have other things to do for the moment.

Other things being equal (more or less) it leaves me wondering if there are heavy internal components clustered in the left hand side of the S1/S1R camera body.

I appreciate your advice on the extra moment of revolution.

And jokes aside it is not all about heft as the 5Ds as setup with battery pack and Canon EF 35/1.4 II weighs 2158gm and the S1 with no battery pack and an adapted Minolta LM mount 90/4.0 is a lightweight 1344gm.

The 5Ds feels like big bertha incorporated with weight taken on the upper arm but the S1 feels the rotational weight on the wrist. However I can still get my lower three fingers completely on the grip (unlike my Sony A7R where the pinky had to slip underneath it).

The G9 feels sweet and balanced in the hand and I presume that the S5 is just as sweet.

My argument of course is that we like to grumble about the size of the S1/S1R but so many of us as refugees from dslr bodies should not be amazed at the physical size/weight of the S1/S1R.

Perhaps the size/weight issue of this camera body is as much an unconscious statement about its left weight balance making it slightly more uncomfortable than the S5 which seems to have won many hearts?

Personally I find the S1 ergonomics very good and I have been passing off the left bias as simply the weight of the large lenses I had been using - but it has not gone away with more compact lenses.

I pass the left weight bias off as a slight nuisance but nevertheless a real issue and am more surprised that it does not seem to have been mentioned before.  Other slaps less relevant seem to get more negative air play.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Pete_W
Pete_W Veteran Member • Posts: 3,738

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Other things being equal (more or less) it leaves me wondering if there are heavy internal components clustered in the left hand side of the S1/S1R camera body.

Maybe a heat sink?

-- hide signature --

Pete

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Maybe a heat sink?

Also: IBIS. Of course: no mirror.

Perhaps Canon just did a better job thinking in terms of mass distribution when they designed the 5DS. It's not like they didn't have a ton of practice...

Back to Tom's comments - I've never even thought about/noticed a change in the left-bias as I go between the S1R & S5. But it makes sense that it affects what people call "balance."

Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35mm F4 +4 more
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 13,231

Camera balance is a big deal for me, since I have wrist and elbow problems.  It's also why the S5 is so good, in spite of being outside my weight comfort zone, and why other FF cameras have not been.  ( I used a Nikon D750 for a couple of weeks some years ago, and it flared up my wrist pain horribly...took months for it to calm down, actually, after that.  Initially it felt quite comfortable to hold, but after a couple of outings...man, ouch!).  (The S5 even with the 70-300mm Lumix lens, is really well balanced, by the way.  I had some initial discomfort with it for the first couple of times I used it, but then all of a sudden, I must have just adjusted to it, because it's been totally fine since then.  Exactly the opposite of what happened with the D750, very odd.)

I have not tried the S1 or S1R because I knew they were out of my joint capabilities, but I suspect you have run into a conflict with your own and the cameras.

Maybe try an S5 for comparison?

-J

jalywol wrote:

Camera balance is a big deal for me, since I have wrist and elbow problems. It's also why the S5 is so good, in spite of being outside my weight comfort zone, and why other FF cameras have not been. ( I used a Nikon D750 for a couple of weeks some years ago, and it flared up my wrist pain horribly...took months for it to calm down, actually, after that. Initially it felt quite comfortable to hold, but after a couple of outings...man, ouch!). (The S5 even with the 70-300mm Lumix lens, is really well balanced, by the way. I had some initial discomfort with it for the first couple of times I used it, but then all of a sudden, I must have just adjusted to it, because it's been totally fine since then. Exactly the opposite of what happened with the D750, very odd.)

Interesting - and makes sense.  For me it's kind of the opposite.

I was shooting Fuji, but was a little disaffected by some of their lens releases, and I thought to myself  "I can currently handle a heavier camera, but I might not be able to in 5 or 10 years.  Why not go for it now?"  So between the 47 MP S1R sensor, the ergonomics, and the very good Panny zooms, I went for it.  Of course at the time, I actually believed I'd only buy 3 lenses, but I' so far beyond that now it's ridiculous.  It happened so fast...

I do think that in 10 years I'll be like Tom is with his EF glass, but I'll have this collection of L-mount glass.  Here's hoping the alliance survives!

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Maybe a heat sink?

It is not really worrying me Pete, but maybe there is a service manual or some other source that would show the internal construction of the camera body?

Maybe I have weak wrists in the rotational direction?

In any case perhaps some of the 'too large" comments about the S1/S1R were unknowingly about this 'rotation' feel as much as the 'too large' feel?

Furthermore the apparent delight with the S5 might be as much the mimic of the very pleasant and very balanced feel of the G9?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

jalywol wrote:

Camera balance is a big deal for me, since I have wrist and elbow problems. It's also why the S5 is so good, in spite of being outside my weight comfort zone, and why other FF cameras have not been. ( I used a Nikon D750 for a couple of weeks some years ago, and it flared up my wrist pain horribly...took months for it to calm down, actually, after that. Initially it felt quite comfortable to hold, but after a couple of outings...man, ouch!). (The S5 even with the 70-300mm Lumix lens, is really well balanced, by the way. I had some initial discomfort with it for the first couple of times I used it, but then all of a sudden, I must have just adjusted to it, because it's been totally fine since then. Exactly the opposite of what happened with the D750, very odd.)

I have not tried the S1 or S1R because I knew they were out of my joint capabilities, but I suspect you have run into a conflict with your own and the cameras.

Maybe try an S5 for comparison?

-J

Janet I initially put it down to the large heavy lenses I was using on the S1.  This would have magnified whatever left droop I was feeling when using the S1.  But when I tried this smaller lens it was still there.  I could try the camera body with an even smaller lens but i am not worried enough to take it to that extreme.  More wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

When I have used it with the Sigma 105/1.4 - quite a lump, but deliciously fast - I have fitted it (the lens) with a carry handle on the upper side to that I can carry the S1 contraption handing it by the handle.  This puts the combined weight hanging underneath.  Just carting the combo about by the grip when not in use emphasises the left twist on the grip to 'quite painful'.

As you will know I am also a GM5 advocate and why I might try to use the somewhat large S1 with the smallest lenses as possible? ... As it is my S1 is a camera that I take and use where I am not at all worried about the camera bulk - big camera bodies suit big lenses better.  Or so the converse commonly accepted theory of fitting up the GM5 with the tiniest lenses mountable would run ...

Thanks for the offer of a S5 - I live 350kms from probably the nearest retail store that might offer an S5 that I could look at let alone test a few clicks. Not about to try and rent one - simply not that interested - and there is no commercial camera rental system in Australia that I know of although such facilities must exist for 'real' professionals to enable them to access exotic gear.

Furthermore I am perfectly happy with my neat well balanced G9 and the rest of my M4/3 bodies.

The S1 has its place and even though I notice the left rotation on my wrist I am not about to give up such a remarkable camera just because of a slight discomfort in use.

I am holding out for the SX1/SXR1 which should be the compact RF style version of the S1/S1R when it arrives.  Just hoping I don't have to pass it up because it has a side hinged lcd.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Pete_W
Pete_W Veteran Member • Posts: 3,738

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Maybe a heat sink?

It is not really worrying me Pete, but maybe there is a service manual or some other source that would show the internal construction of the camera body?

In any case perhaps some of the 'too large" comments about the S1/S1R were unknowingly about this 'rotation' feel as much as the 'too large' feel?

Furthermore the apparent delight with the S5 might be as much the mimic of the very pleasant and very balanced feel of the G9?

Yes, I guess the weight is somewhat a personal thing.

I went out for a long walk yesterday with my G95 and two lenses - the 12-305/f2.8 and 35-100/f2.8. Such a light weight kit.

The G95 is almost identical in size to my S5 although the S5 is a few hundred grams heavier and the S lenses are considerably heavier.

I feel some fatigue after holding the S5 for a while with 24-105mm lens mounted, less so with the smaller 20-60mm kit lens mounted but then my shoulder gets sore because the 24-105mm is in my shoulder bag!

So I'm definitely not getting an S1!

-- hide signature --

Pete

georgehudetz wrote:

jalywol wrote:

Interesting - and makes sense. For me it's kind of the opposite.

I was shooting Fuji, but was a little disaffected by some of their lens releases, and I thought to myself "I can currently handle a heavier camera, but I might not be able to in 5 or 10 years. Why not go for it now?" So between the 47 MP S1R sensor, the ergonomics, and the very good Panny zooms, I went for it. Of course at the time, I actually believed I'd only buy 3 lenses, but I' so far beyond that now it's ridiculous. It happened so fast...

I do think that in 10 years I'll be like Tom is with his EF glass, but I'll have this collection of L-mount glass. Here's hoping the alliance survives!

George I honestly think that your S1R will still be very competitive 10 years after it was first released.  On the other hand the Sony/Canon/Nikon bodies of today will all be a few models superseded by then.

Once you reach big market volume you have to keep that volume up or put your production line on mothballs if you ever make a perfect model camera that your customer base feels that it no longer needs to update.

I loved the EF lenses, I liked the dslr to go with them - but I ran out of money trying to keep my latest dslr body current.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 13,231

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I am holding out for the SX1/SXR1 which should be the compact RF style version of the S1/S1R when it arrives.

Well, heck, I'd be second in line for one of those, if it ever came to be

Just hoping I don't have to pass it up because it has a side hinged lcd.

LOL.  I do prefer the bottom flip hinge, but I can deal with either type; for some odd reason that's sort of an "eh, ok, whichever" factor for me.  But I have strong preferences about other things that rule in or out a camera, so I do get it.

-J

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Maybe a heat sink?

Yes, I guess the weight is somewhat a personal thing.

I went out for a long walk yesterday with my G95 and two lenses - the 12-305/f2.8 and 35-100/f2.8. Such a light weight kit.

The G95 is almost identical in size to my S5 although the S5 is a few hundred grams heavier and the S lenses are considerably heavier.

I feel some fatigue after holding the S5 for a while with 24-105mm lens mounted, less so with the smaller 20-60mm kit lens mounted but then my shoulder gets sore because the 24-105mm is in my shoulder bag!

So I'm definitely not getting an S1!

I class my camera gear into two basic types:

1) My serious kit when I want/need to impress others.

2) My fun kit where the only person I need to impress is myself.  Impressing myself is where I get my practice makes perfect so that I can do better with 1) above. I practice a lot ...

For 2) when I am semi-serious I fit three GM5 bodies each with a different lens attached into a shoulder bag.  No more swapping lenses in the field and each GM5 is only a pack of cards larger than the lens it is fitted to.

Such bag will only fit one G9/S5 and a medium sized lens.  Not so sure that it could even cope with an S1/S1R and a similar sized lens - but my patent re-arrangeable 'protector' design converts my 3-bunger GM5 bag into a single G9 unit bag instantly so I have experience telling me that the S5 would work in a similar fashion.

Horses for courses and nothing beats the flexibility of kit for specific purpose.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

jalywol wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I am holding out for the SX1/SXR1 which should be the compact RF style version of the S1/S1R when it arrives.

Well, heck, I'd be second in line for one of those, if it ever came to be

Just hoping I don't have to pass it up because it has a side hinged lcd.

LOL. I do prefer the bottom flip hinge, but I can deal with either type; for some odd reason that's sort of an "eh, ok, whichever" factor for me. But I have strong preferences about other things that rule in or out a camera, so I do get it.

-J

I get by with the G9 by pretending that it is a fixed lcd.  But just as soon as I start folding the lcd inwards 'to protect it' the endless flipping and twisting gets on my nerves quite quickly.

The tilt, be it bare landscape tilt, or the S1/S1R two way tilt with second catch are my preferences.

I regard the side hinged lcd as a frisky dog that loves constant attention whilst the tilter will sit and purr on your lap contentedly like a household cat or stalk off and look after itself when you are busy doing your own thing. I am obviously 'a cat person'.

Not helped by my preference to switch off auto-playback on all my camera bodies which means that I frequently review bunches of images after capturing a clip of images.

If I have an evf then I use it for captures 90% of the time and only capture using the lcd when the shooting angle and common sense dictate it.

Selling tilt only lcd until fairly recently does not seem to have hurt Sony's progress into the FF camera body market.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

MacroMatic
MacroMatic Regular Member • Posts: 334

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I am perfectly happy with my S1. I don't need to change.

However when using heavy lenses on the S1 I have noticed some strain on my right wrist. I am well aware of using the left hand to support the lens and am not an "out of balance" complainer. However just picking up the S1 compared to my G9 makes the left biased body weight very obvious by comparison.

Swapping to a smaller lighter lens does not make any appreciable difference - it is not the lens weight as more the the body weight bias - even though the lenses themselves must have something to do with it.

By comparison if there is any left-bias on the G9 it is not noticeable in use. Even with large lenses.

Why might this be so? - I can only think that it is the leverage caused by the centreline difference between the lens mount and the camera grip. Roughly 60mm on the G9 and 70mm on the S1. One might not have thought that this relatively small distance would make that much difference to the feel of the camera body in hand. The S1 of course provides an impressively large evf and the overall weight of the body is 899gm compared to the G9 "lightweight" 658gm. Furthermore I have no idea of the relative placement of weightier components inside the bodies.

It is just that when I pick up the S1 it immediately seems to try and rotate my wrist to the the left but with the G9, even with a substantial lens on board, the feel is 'perfect balance'.

I talk about the G9 because I have had one since first introduction and I really like it. I can compare my S1 and G9 directly.

The purpose of this post is to see if other S1/S1R users have noticed the left weighted bias of these cameras and whether the S5 feels better balanced considering that it has similar dimensions to the G9 (slightly more compact) and only a slightly heavier build at 714gm.

I guess that the S5 is similarly balanced in the hand as the G9 (ie: excellent) and perhaps this is the reason why it gets many plaudits from its devoted users rather than simply its lighter weight and physical size.

With the near perfect ergonomics of the S1 this is about the only 'complaint' I can raise. The physical weight does not bother me. Perhaps I have weak wrists?

I think as others have pointed out,  it's just the overall weight and it's probably a bit deceptive of how that weight is distributed. That and your wrists may be noticing the added weight more, my wrists aren't that great anymore at middle age.

Regarding the G9 comparison.

I had the G9 and only truly appreciated the ergonomics fully when I moved to other bodies. I have stated ever since that,  for me at least,  the G9 is the best ergonomically designed camera I have ever used,  both in terms of weight, feel and button layout/ number.

The S5 was lacking in that department when I changed, though it's still a great camera.

With that said,  I am now suffering from a love affair with the S1 😆. It's the camera I've longed for without realising it.  The weight is noticeable, but I do forget about it after a short period.  I do think you're right about the perceived weight distribution, as it does feel to me the same as you describe.  But again, I think it's just deceiving.

I'm currently using nearly 3kg of Canon lens on the S1, handheld,  so when I use smaller lenses, the S1 'appears' deceptively light 😂.

-- hide signature --

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets. For it, and knowledge,  can raise men to the divine" - Beathoven

MacroMatic wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I am perfectly happy with my S1. I don't need to change.

However when using heavy lenses on the S1 I have noticed some strain on my right wrist. I am well aware of using the left hand to support the lens and am not an "out of balance" complainer. However just picking up the S1 compared to my G9 makes the left biased body weight very obvious by comparison.

Why might this be so? - I can only think that it is the leverage caused by the centreline difference between the lens mount and the camera grip. Roughly 60mm on the G9 and 70mm on the S1. One might not have thought that this relatively small distance would make that much difference to the feel of the camera body in hand. The S1 of course provides an impressively large evf and the overall weight of the body is 899gm compared to the G9 "lightweight" 658gm. Furthermore I have no idea of the relative placement of weightier components inside the bodies.

I talk about the G9 because I have had one since first introduction and I really like it. I can compare my S1 and G9 directly.

With the near perfect ergonomics of the S1 this is about the only 'complaint' I can raise. The physical weight does not bother me. Perhaps I have weak wrists?

I think as others have pointed out, it's just the overall weight and it's probably a bit deceptive of how that weight is distributed. That and your wrists may be noticing the added weight more, my wrists aren't that great anymore at middle age.

I am at a stage where I am having to reluctantly admit to 'old age' but my mind still wants me work like I used to do.  My saying goes: "An old person is someone older than you are".  

Although relatively robust I think that my wrists were never a particular strong point.

But I did notice the left lean (for want of a better description) on my S1 which in my panoply of camera bodies generally assists with the larger lenses.  So, as noted, I have put it down to these large lenses.  Consequently I was very mildly surprised when the left twist feeling remained even with a more compact lens.

Again, not a complaint, but perhaps the least appealing part of what is a very pleasant camera to use.

I went further and noted that the S1/S1R gets a few slaps about its size - but when I compare it to my EF 5Ds with battery pack it is really 'a tiddler' and the 5Ds does not seem to have the same left side down feel that the S1 seems to exude.  My wrists cannot be so bad as I can still use (say) AN EF 70-200/2.8 hand held on the 5Ds and not feel that droop effect although it is obvious that it is a serious sized bit of kit.

Regarding the G9 comparison.

I had the G9 and only truly appreciated the ergonomics fully when I moved to other bodies. I have stated ever since that, for me at least, the G9 is the best ergonomically designed camera I have ever used, both in terms of weight, feel and button layout/ number.

I agree and my G9 is now wearing the 25-50/1.7 '$ arm and a leg' and a physically large M4/3 lens fairly constantly.  This lens is probably well weighted for its size and the combination is easily used held in one hand if necessary and has no sense of side weightedness.  The comparison with the S1 with even a physically smaller and lighter lens is immediately obvious.

So I am wondering if the criticism of the S1/S1R size is a sort of backhanded notation for it being over-weighted to the left and the noticeable left twist is being written off to its larger size rather than its relative off-centre body weighting.

The S5 was lacking in that department when I changed, though it's still a great camera.

The dimension of the S5 are similar to the G9 but there is an added weight factor.  i had presumed that it might have a similar balanced feel to the G9 as being a very similar camera out of the box.

But I have no desire or intentions for the S5 as I have more than enough bodies already.  Nor am I 'a seller', or a 'chaser of rainbows' by nature.

I don't need another L-Mount body any time soon but I would seriously consider an SX1 compact RF style body with tilt lcd if one came on offer - but I am in no rush.

With that said, I am now suffering from a love affair with the S1 😆. It's the camera I've longed for without realising it. The weight is noticeable, but I do forget about it after a short period. I do think you're right about the perceived weight distribution, as it does feel to me the same as you describe. But again, I think it's just deceiving.

I'm currently using nearly 3kg of Canon lens on the S1, handheld, so when I use smaller lenses, the S1 'appears' deceptively light 😂.

I bought the Sigma DC (aps-c) 50-100/1.8 especially for use on M4/3 bodies where it can effectively either give me a fast 100-200 FF fov equivalent or I can focal reduce it to put the aps-c image circle on the 4/3 sensor.  It also works of course with auto crop sensor when adapted on the S1.  But it is a quite heavy lens and the weight is a given penalty for the speed and internal focus and zooming.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads