Topaz DeNoise 3.7.0 Released

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
ButchR Regular Member • Posts: 138
Topaz DeNoise 3.7.0 Released

Released June 22nd, 2022.

Major Changes:

• Updated Low Light model and some color correction changes
  • Updated Libraw to support OM-1 files
  • Added TensorRT models on Windows which should speed up processing on Nvidia GPUs in the 10, 20, and 30 series

Changes:

• Added new processing error messages (updated wording, missing model dialogs, etc)
  • Added ability to cancel update in manual update mode
  • Added Ctrl/Alt/Shift + Scroll shortcuts for Masking mode to change radius/softness/opacity
  • Added show password toggle on the login screen
  • Added a Lightroom Classic troubleshooting link under the Help menu on Mac
  • Changed JPG and PNG quality/compression sliders go from 1-100 now instead of 1-10
    – JPEG quality settings should now get reset to 95 whenever the user last used anything 30 or lower (prevents bad saves)
  • Changed default quality from 90% to 95% when preserving input settings to match default JPEG quality
  • Removed animations when loading files which should make the program feel faster

Fixes:

• Fixed CR2 files crashing on open
  • Fixed Lightroom not being able to import all images in large batch imports
  • Fixed memory leak when saving a large amount of RAW images
  • Fixed JPG DPI not being saved when overwriting file
  • Fixed TIFF metadata being lost when overwriting file
  • Fixed apply/cancel both being hidden when in external editor mode with no images selected
  • Fixed black block issue on first proc on Mac
  • Fixed Make/Model exif data not being written correctly when it comes from manufacturer specific tags
  • Fixed issue where PS last filter would freeze forever
  • Fixed issue where PS last filter wouldn’t show the preview for the image being processed
  • Fixed issue where manual update would be disabled after adding strokes in masking mode
  • Fixed mouse area for the file list view delegate not taking the entire area
  • Fixed zoom and view selection buttons being enabled when exporting
  • Fixed links inside of dialog boxes not being link colored
  • Fixed CoreML cache not being cleared between app updates which caused some processing errors
  • Fixed file list view height being incorrect when exporting in plugin mode
 ButchR's gear list:ButchR's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D3200 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
PeterCee Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: Topaz DeNoise 3.7.0 Released

My short experience. Big Sur. M1 Mac. ORF file. TSai-3.7 first image. TSai-3.6x second image. Not impressed. I hope the weird artefact is obvious in the uploaded image.

(NOT Sharpen, my bad) Just for clarity the above images are screen grabs of Topaz DeNoise ai 3.7 and 3.6 interface at 100%. The artefact is captured in the saved file when it is processed. See other examples below. Also a close to 1005 crop of a DxO processed version is next. Not beating up on Topaz. I've had great success with DxO to Topaz DeNoise ( & Sharpen, Gigapixel) work flow. Please ignore the over-processed tree-sky thing.

DNG from DxO

Crop of preceding file

Just to compare DxO to DeNoise v3.62, v3.7

3.7 (view full size)

More haste, less speed! The last two have been both been processed first in DxO THEN (the 'to' part of the text) processed in DeNoise. Not comparing DxO and DeNoise. The comparison is between the versions of DeNoise. Thank you for your patience.

OP ButchR Regular Member • Posts: 138

I was going to recommend you post these to the Topaz Labs site but I see you have already done that.

ButchR's gear list:ButchR's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D3200 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
Toermalijn
Toermalijn Forum Pro • Posts: 17,001

PeterCee wrote:

My short experience. Big Sur. M1 Mac. ORF file. TSai-3.7 first image. TSai-3.6x second image. Not impressed. I hope the weird artefact is obvious in the uploaded image.

Looking at your pictures, I am not inclined to upgrade my license immediatly. It expired end of may this year but I am in no hurry, looking at these examples.

Toermalijn
Toermalijn Forum Pro • Posts: 17,001

PeterCee wrote:

3.7 (view full size)

LOL, didn't know they added a TV effect filter...

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 18,575

Do you suspect this problem is exclusive to M1 MacOS? The Topaz Labs community forum does not have any posts about the horizontal-line problem. Perhaps I'm searching wrong, because I don't see a post by PeterCee, either.

PeterCee wrote:

3.7 (view full size)

lcubed11 Contributing Member • Posts: 974

CAcreeks wrote:

Do you suspect this problem is exclusive to M1 MacOS? The Topaz Labs community forum does not have any posts about the horizontal-line problem. Perhaps I'm searching wrong, because I don't see a post by PeterCee, either.

PeterCee wrote:

3.7 (view full size)

interesting. not seeing these artifacts on my M1 machine running monterey with Panasonic G9 raw files.

how are you passing the image from DXO to DeNoise?

lcubed11's gear list:lcubed11's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +11 more

DxO processed files are exported as tiffs and then opened in Topaz. IIRC the problem is there in directly opened Sooc jpeg and orf files as well. Just using 3.6+ until I I see an updated 3.7+ then I'll try it again.

Re: Topaz forum post. I did not post under my DPReview username.

DanInSoCal Senior Member • Posts: 1,108

In my experience, Topaz DeNoise is a dice role with respect to these artifacts. They appear randomly in different images with different updates. It's always a bit of a dreaded experience for me to upgrade.

Dan

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 18,575
Re: Topaz DeNoise 3.7.0 seems OK?

I upgraded this morning and did not see any problems on M1 MacOS, as PeterCee reported.

The upgrade was very fast compared to previous Topaz installs.

On a high-ISO ORF from OM-1, the AI model decided "severe noise" was appropriate.

mcraige Forum Member • Posts: 69

I upgraded and noticed it was running slower than normal.  I checked and it changed my AI Processor from my GPU to CPU.  I changed it back and it is now running very well.

mcraige's gear list:mcraige's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
KoolKool Regular Member • Posts: 249

I respect Topaz effort on improving denoise AI progressively, but they still somewhat unable to make AI algorithm stable with less artifact compromises as DxO. Or maybe it really tough for them because denoise on a lossy format like JPG can't be as good as in Raw.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads