Botswana 2022 pt One (image heavy)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,329
Botswana 2022 pt One (image heavy)

Here is the first set of photos taken on my recent trip to Botswana.

A little background. All these images were taken with the 12-35 but the following images taken with the 50-200 and the 100-400 will follow in the following days.

Due to the nature of the leopard kill I witnessed and photographed. I imagine some will find it upsetting so I'll not post the image of the leopard making the kill, carrying the kill or the cub eating the AFRICAN WILD CAT.

A few other things, we got hit by several days worth of cold fronts in the 2nd half of the trip. The other thing, I found dust to be a huge problem because I would've to clean the lenses overtime we took a break from safari. I even got dusk in the 100-400. 

OP C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,329
Re: Botswana 2022 pt One (image heavy)

So here we go....

Here some more....

The final lot.

InkedMarie
InkedMarie Senior Member • Posts: 2,090

Wow. Both types of nature.

Marie

InkedMarie's gear list:InkedMarie's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
absoluutbeginner
absoluutbeginner Contributing Member • Posts: 610

You where lucky and having good guides …. You have seen a lot and yep that’s a problem … not enough space on the cards .

About dust collecting equipment …

With my Olympus set I did not have at all dust or moist problems … went 8 times ..no clean. And went to free Olympus pro clean service … and after cleaning the E-M1X the 300mm and the 150-400 I asked if he encountered dust ….I was amazed .. nothing he said.

I had some pretty harsh weather a few times with lots if wind .

Thanks for the nice pictures it makes me homesick kinda  … I will be going back in a month or so.

absoluutbeginner
absoluutbeginner Contributing Member • Posts: 610

Sean ..I think most photographers here are birders … so don’t be disappointed if there is little response … they just don’t know what they miss. 

I an sure you had a fantastic time there …

Just keep the pics coming … 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads