Birds in flight with Finepix?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
missedshot
missedshot Senior Member • Posts: 1,181
Birds in flight with Finepix?

I have never done "street" photography in my life and I'm no good at people stuff.  I tried a wedding for a friend once, what a disaster!  My interest is wildlife and if there happens to be a beautiful sunset I'll give it a try.  I've heard it said here that BIF is impossible with our Finepix.  Well, that's pretty close to true I think but sometimes it's possible with big birds gliding.  This evening the ospreys were fishing, flying by looking for fish.  Getting focus at the beginning of a burst is hard and getting proper exposure when they fly in and out of trees makes it really hard.  Here's a couple that are just O.K. if you don't zoom in.

The setting sun gave a yellow tint to the ordinarily brilliant white.  It finally got too dark but that sunset was awesome.  I'm lucky this reservoir is only a few miles from home.

This last Eagle shot is old, one I've posted before.  The first Eagle shot with my S1.

No, none of these are going to win a prize but I sure have a lot of fun trying.

missedshot's gear list:missedshot's gear list
FinePix S1 Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Panasonic S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 2,554
Re: Birds in flight with Finepix?

missedshot wrote:

I have never done "street" photography in my life and I'm no good at people stuff. I tried a wedding for a friend once, what a disaster! My interest is wildlife and if there happens to be a beautiful sunset I'll give it a try. I've heard it said here that BIF is impossible with our Finepix. Well, that's pretty close to true I think but sometimes it's possible with big birds gliding. This evening the ospreys were fishing, flying by looking for fish. Getting focus at the beginning of a burst is hard and getting proper exposure when they fly in and out of trees makes it really hard. Here's a couple that are just O.K. if you don't zoom in.

The setting sun gave a yellow tint to the ordinarily brilliant white. It finally got too dark but that sunset was awesome. I'm lucky this reservoir is only a few miles from home.

This last Eagle shot is old, one I've posted before. The first Eagle shot with my S1.

No, none of these are going to win a prize but I sure have a lot of fun trying.

The reason I am getting the p1000 and RX10 iv. BIF and other fast-moving subjects. My X cameras are awesome for everything else.

-- hide signature --

Fronterra Photography Tours
One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro
The People of the Red and White stand with the people of the yellow and blue!

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads