Mi 11 Ultra - A Quick Wander Around A Park

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Djingonthenet Forum Member • Posts: 91
Mi 11 Ultra - A Quick Wander Around A Park

Wandering around Memorial Park, Worksop, UK.  Not really been anywhere since I've had the Mi so took a few snaps, stock camera, totally unedited.  HDR was on. I know these aren't the most riveting of snaps but I'm trying to get an idea of what stock cam can achieve as a point and shoot.  One thing I have noticed is that these are much softer than the Mate 40 Pro used to be, nowhere near as much sharpening going on.

10x Zoom

5x Zoom

UWA

Wide (Main)

UWA

Wide (Main)

5x Zoom

Wide (Mono)

Wide (Mono)

Main (50mp)

Wide

LMC 8.4 GCam

Wide

Main (Mono)

OP Djingonthenet Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Mi 11 Ultra - A Quick Wander Around A Park

Ok I've played around with these two in snapseed. A bit of structure and sharpening, first one is stock cam, second gcam.

First one was taken as a mono photo (I know it's a filter) second one monochrome filter applied from colour shot.

Stock cam, snapseed edit.

Gcam, snapseed edit.

_vlad Veteran Member • Posts: 3,056

Djingonthenet wrote:

Wandering around Memorial Park, Worksop, UK. Not really been anywhere since I've had the Mi so took a few snaps, stock camera, totally unedited. HDR was on. I know these aren't the most riveting of snaps but I'm trying to get an idea of what stock cam can achieve as a point and shoot. One thing I have noticed is that these are much softer than the Mate 40 Pro used to be, nowhere near as much sharpening going on.

Very good, I like them. MATE shots are sometimes oversharpened, which is no problem once you have detail there. It can be easily desharpened when there is a need to do so. Problem with many brands is when shots are just oversharpened - compensating for lack of detail.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
_vlad Veteran Member • Posts: 3,056

Djingonthenet wrote:

Ok I've played around with these two in snapseed. A bit of structure and sharpening, first one is stock cam, second gcam.

First one was taken as a mono photo (I know it's a filter) second one monochrome filter applied from colour shot.

Gcam, snapseed edit.

First one is IMO oversharpened - quite a lot- Second one is better, still-even here- I will probably mute the sharpening. I like Snapspeed but not for sharpening, frequently happened to me   that what looked OK on small display was way off looking on PC at 100%.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
OP Djingonthenet Forum Member • Posts: 91

_vlad wrote:

Djingonthenet wrote:

Gcam, snapseed edit.

First one is IMO oversharpened - quite a lot- Second one is better, still-even here- I will probably mute the sharpening. I like Snapspeed but not for sharpening, frequently happened to me that what looked OK on small display was way off looking on PC at 100%.

I agree, editing on a phone screen even if it's an excellent one like the Mi always makes it look better than it does when viewed on a monitor. The edited GCAM photo does look better than the stock (I must have over done that by quite a lot there), the GCAM reminds me of a shot taken by a P30 pro in the way it has been processed. The originals look too soft to my eyes, but that may be how they are supposed to look, I've been used to the Mate, and the P30 pro before that, producing pleasing photos, the Mi is going in a different direction to those.  Below is the original GCAM photo for reference.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads