No RAW images when using Camera Connect app

Started 5 months ago | Questions
kawah2 New Member • Posts: 6
No RAW images when using Camera Connect app

Hi forum.

I have a G1 X Mark ii for shooting on trips when I need a small camera. Sometimes I use it with the Camera Connect app (version 2.9.0.12, not in the forum's list of software or mobile apps so I can't tag it) to do some remote shooting and downloading JPGs to my phone to preview them.

Today, when I transferred images to my computer to work with the RAWs, I realised that when I use the app to shoot remotely, there are no RAW files generated.

I can't find any setting in the app regarding this.

Just to be very clear: yes, the camera is set to register both RAW and JPG. When I shoot normally, I get my RAWs.

Does anybody know if this can be fixed?

Am I badly on par with software – should I replace Camera Connect with something better-working for remote shooting?

kawah2's gear list:kawah2's gear list
Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
YWG Senior Member • Posts: 1,340
Re: No RAW images when using Camera Connect app

I don't raw transfer is supported in connect for cr2. Only in the newer cr3.

YWG's gear list:YWG's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Canon PowerShot G5 X Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II
OP kawah2 New Member • Posts: 6
Re: No RAW images when using Camera Connect app

Hi, thanks. But this isn't about transferring files. It's a question about remote shooting, and why the camera won't register RAW files (of the type supported by the camera) when I use Camera Connect to fire.

kawah2's gear list:kawah2's gear list
Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads