Capture one Pro ( the latest version) or Lightroom CC ( Adobe photography plan) for Leica M10-R?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
nonicks Senior Member • Posts: 1,151
Capture one Pro ( the latest version) or Lightroom CC ( Adobe photography plan) for Leica M10-R?

Hi there,

I am debating if I should upgrade my Capture One license to the most updated version or switch to Lightroom CC ( and Adobe photography plan). Any suggestion and opinions?

I am still on C1 12 as it works perfectly with my Fuji files. But since my license is Fuji only license, I will need to upgrade to the new license so that it can work with the Lecia M10-R files, if I choose to use C1 for that purpose.

I am not a stranger to lightroom either as I used it for quite a while ( before Adobe implemented the subscription model) before switching to C1.

For those had experience with both or either program, which will you recommend for the M10-R files?

Thank you.

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10-R Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
Jay OC Senior Member • Posts: 1,193
Re: Capture one Pro ( the latest version) or Lightroom CC ( Adobe photography plan) for Leica M10-R?

I am considering switching from Lightroom just because of the subscription issue. I am considering either Capture one or On1. It has been a while since I looked at them. So I need to down load trial copies.

Jay OC's gear list:Jay OC's gear list
Leica CL Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Leica Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6
photosse Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Capture one Pro ( the latest version) or Lightroom CC ( Adobe photography plan) for Leica M10-R?

Jay OC wrote:

I am considering switching from Lightroom just because of the subscription issue. I am considering either Capture one or On1. It has been a while since I looked at them. So I need to down load trial copies.

You can try DXO, it deserves a try too (unfortunally, not for Xtrans ...)

AndersC Junior Member • Posts: 45

I do not have an M but a Q2. I have compared DNG output from Lightroom and Capture One and found C1 way more likeable to my eyes. Now using C1 exclusively.  I suspect that you may be able to tweak Lightroom to perform better. I have also experience with DxO which I quite like and if you are into B&W, Nik Silver Efex pro is part of the DxO large package.

AndersC's gear list:AndersC's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 VI Leica Q2 +5 more
Vikas M Gore
Vikas M Gore Senior Member • Posts: 2,521

Jay OC wrote:

Do you have an opinion on what Capture One and On1 are like as photo asset management tools?  I already have thousands of photographs with keywords, flags and rating as well as edits.

Also, I assume that the non-destructive edits in Lightroom Classic translate to edits in the other software alternatives.

I am also bugged by the subscription paragon but worries like those above keep me stuck with Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore's gear list:Vikas M Gore's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10 Leica SL2
Jay OC Senior Member • Posts: 1,193

I need to  go back an re-evaluate the software. It has been 3 years since I looked at either package. Sounds like a good weekend activity for me.

Jay OC's gear list:Jay OC's gear list
Leica CL Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Leica Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6
Vikas M Gore
Vikas M Gore Senior Member • Posts: 2,521

Jay OC wrote:

I need to go back an re-evaluate the software. It has been 3 years since I looked at either package. Sounds like a good weekend activity for me.

Don't bother unless you really feel like it.  I'm managing quite well with Lightroom - the subscription is just an irritant.

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore's gear list:Vikas M Gore's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10 Leica SL2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads