Channel Cruising

Started 6 months ago | Photos
rambet Contributing Member • Posts: 702
Channel Cruising

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
OP rambet Contributing Member • Posts: 702
Re: Channel Cruising Ver 2

I wasn't entirely happy with the sky in v1 so after trying a few more ideas I came up with this version.  I am not looking at producing something that is 100% realistic.  My aim is something that could be eye catching.  The bottom photo is the original processed from raw.

Version 2

Original from raw.

tripleC
tripleC Veteran Member • Posts: 3,787

I like the second one best. Not much into real contrasty images. Have you tried somewhere between the two? Good image tho

tripleC's gear list:tripleC's gear list
Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G

Thank you tripleC.  I tried many different gradients, transparencies and masking and v2 is the one I liked the most out of them.  When I have time I will play with the photo some more to see what else I might come up with.

Truncia Regular Member • Posts: 376

rambet wrote:

I wasn't entirely happy with the sky in v1 so after trying a few more ideas I came up with this version. I am not looking at producing something that is 100% realistic. My aim is something that could be eye catching. The bottom photo is the original processed from raw.

Version 2

Original from raw.

Both new versions look oversaturated and fake. It is better to work with the original - there is a lot of untapped potential.

Truncia's gear list:Truncia's gear list
Pentax K-70

Thank you Truncia. Both are obviously fake. My post with v2 says what I was aiming for. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads