Shooting with a 35mm ttartisan lens on xs10

Started Jan 24, 2022 | Discussions
doto41
doto41 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,587
Shooting with a 35mm ttartisan lens on xs10

Apart from shoot without lens - on, are there any other things I shoud set on the menus and where can they be found?

Will the camera Ibis work with totaly manual lenses?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

As always... original size
Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, Olympus EM5, panny 20mm 1.7, panny 14mm 2.5, oly 45mm 1.8, oly 40-150, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
https://www.facebook.com/dov.oron.9
instagram dov_oron
My Flickr

Sony SLT-A35
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mr Bolton Senior Member • Posts: 1,828
Re: Shooting with a 35mm ttartisan lens on xs10

doto41 wrote:

Apart from shoot without lens - on, are there any other things I shoud set on the menus and where can they be found?

Thanks

The IBIS will work great, just remember to set the adapter focal length to that of the lens because that setting changes how the IBIS works. On the X-H1 it's in (camera icon) shooting setting>Mount adapter setting.  This seems to matter more with longer lenses.

If you have a variety of manual lenses, you can set each one up in the menus and then use a Custom menu slot to save it.

Mr Bolton's gear list:Mr Bolton's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +4 more
doto41
OP doto41 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,587
Thanks

Mr Bolton wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

The IBIS will work great, just remember to set the adapter focal length to that of the lens because that setting changes how the IBIS works. On the X-H1 it's in (camera icon) shooting setting>Mount adapter setting. This seems to matter more with longer lenses.

If you have a variety of manual lenses, you can set each one up in the menus and then use a Custom menu slot to save it.

Do I st it by the width of the lens or by the 35mm equivalent. If I have a ttartisan 35mm for fuji, do I put 35 or 50 (52) which is the real ff focus?

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, Olympus EM5, panny 20mm 1.7, panny 14mm 2.5, oly 45mm 1.8, oly 40-150, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
instagram dov_oron
My Flickr

andrei1989 Regular Member • Posts: 214
Re: Thanks

doto41 wrote:

Mr Bolton wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

The IBIS will work great, just remember to set the adapter focal length to that of the lens because that setting changes how the IBIS works. On the X-H1 it's in (camera icon) shooting setting>Mount adapter setting. This seems to matter more with longer lenses.

Do I st it by the width of the lens or by the 35mm equivalent. If I have a ttartisan 35mm for fuji, do I put 35 or 50 (52) which is the real ff focus?

a 35mm lens is a 35mm lens regardless of what sensor size you put behind it, so you set 35mm in the camera

doto41

andrei1989 wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Mr Bolton wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

a 35mm lens is a 35mm lens regardless of what sensor size you put behind it, so you set 35mm in the camera

thanks a lot

-- hide signature --

Dov
instagram dov_oron
My Flickr

Mr Bolton Senior Member • Posts: 1,828

doto41 wrote:

Mr Bolton wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

You set it to the focal length printed on the lens.

Mr Bolton's gear list:Mr Bolton's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +4 more
doto41
Re: Thanks a lot
-- hide signature --

Dov
instagram dov_oron
My Flickr

Photography Raptor
Photography Raptor Regular Member • Posts: 237

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

I recommend you to close the lens to f/2 because at faster apertures IQ is subpar in my opinion, but at f/2 IQ becomes very good.

Nonetheless I like the lens a lot when you consider its weight and price. As I said, IMO at f/2 produces images as good as the 6 times more expensive 35mm f/1.4 (but without autofocus of course)

Photography Raptor's gear list:Photography Raptor's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 R WR +1 more
doto41

Photography Raptor wrote:

doto41 wrote:

Thanks

I recommend you to close the lens to f/2 because at faster apertures IQ is subpar in my opinion, but at f/2 IQ becomes very good.

Nonetheless I like the lens a lot when you consider its weight and price. As I said, IMO at f/2 produces images as good as the 6 times more expensive 35mm f/1.4 (but without autofocus of course)

Thanks a lot, I can't wait for it to arrive and to start experimenting with it. I've seen a little softness in the 1.4 but would love to try myself of course.

-- hide signature --

Dov
instagram dov_oron
My Flickr

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads