How to fix this maxxum?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
dominik015 New Member • Posts: 6
How to fix this maxxum?

Hi, I posted the same problem on the film photography forum, I havent found a fix yet.

I bought a maxxum 7000 recently and i cant find what the problem is. First thing that i did was replacing the backup and main batteries. The lcd turned on and that's all it did since then. Sometimes it shows the flashing 0'' and sometimes PROGRAM. Never the two together, how it would supposed to be. I personally cant find the real problem and i don't know where to start to fix this cam. When i put a roll of film in (in the correct way) it just ignores that like there's nothing there. Second thing i noticed is that the mirror is not in the rest position (45 degrees) but something more like 30 degrees. I added a picture so you can see what i mean.

Has anyone had this problem before? Where should i start?

its not 45 degrees

Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,626
Re: How to fix this maxxum?

What a coincidence, I had my 7000 out today. I have a Sigma Alpha 35-135mm that I discovered won't AF on my Sony bodies.

Anyway, just wondering how the shutter blades look? If they are not straight and even it might be a shutter issue. That kind of makes sense with the mirror not flipping down all the way and the film not advancing.

Just in case, you can get 7000 bodies with and without lenses for less than $50 if you are in the US.

neilt3
neilt3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,390

Hike Pics wrote:

Just in case, you can get 7000 bodies with and without lenses for less than $50 if you are in the US.

I've probably got a dozen 7000's , they used to come as a free , rather bulky  lens cap whenever you bought a lens !

£40 for the lens and a body free . if you got lucky it had fresh batteries in it and a few rolls of film . 

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 +64 more
MikeInOr
MikeInOr Senior Member • Posts: 1,529

My father bought a Maxxum 7000 in 1985.  It is the camera I learned photography on.  I used it for over 15 years and it always did a great job for me even when the the rest of the world declared it antiquated.  I believe it is still a very worthy camera to shoot film with.  I still have my fathers original 7000.

But with that said the above poster is correct.  For $20 you should be able to pick up a 7000 in good shape and ready to shoot.  So unless your particular 7000 has some sentimental value to it I would just get a different one.  The low price on 7000's these days are due to how popular the camera was and how many Minolta sold.  Take advantage of the large supply 7000's that are still functioning perfect and pick up one or two new ones.

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony a7R IV Sony 20mm F2.8 Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 12-24mm F4 +11 more
neilt3
neilt3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,390

MikeInOr wrote:

My father bought a Maxxum 7000 in 1985. It is the camera I learned photography on. I used it for over 15 years and it always did a great job for me even when the the rest of the world declared it antiquated. I believe it is still a very worthy camera to shoot film with. I still have my fathers original 7000.

The 7000 was my first proper camera after moving up from a point and shoot .

I bought it used in the early 90's with the 35-70mm f/4 , 70-210mm f/4 and 50mm f/1.7 .

I still have the camera and lenses , though only the 70-210mm ( beercan )  gets regular use .

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 +64 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads