The GF 30mm in the last "Bond" city: Matera, Italy

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Zatopekk New Member • Posts: 20
The GF 30mm in the last "Bond" city: Matera, Italy

I finally had the possibility to use the latest addition to my Fujifilm kit, the 30mm. Given the "warm" reviews of this lens I wasn't expecting the same class of quality of my beloved 45mm. But I should say that I'm extremely pleased with the results. The lens is tack sharp (maybe I was particularly fortunate with my sample) and shows that kind 3d pop making it a worthy addition to any kit.

These are few shots from Matera, Italy, where some scenes of the last 007 movie have been realised. I strongly recommend to visit the city: it's a magical place. Maybe you end up taking these kind of "postcards" shots as I did, or find something more. But sometimes even "postcards" are fun to be taken and, maybe, gets some more attention than more intimate and "complex" pieces of work.

bobby350z Senior Member • Posts: 1,132
Re: The GF 30mm in the last "Bond" city: Matera, Italy

Nice, would like to see more.

spilla Senior Member • Posts: 1,105

Great shots -- I own the 30, 45, 100-200. The 30 is a fantastically sharp lens, on par with the best wide primes as Jim's testing shows:

https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-50s/new-presentation-of-on-and-off-axis-contrast-of-all-gf-primes/

I think it doesn't get enough credit, especially considering how small and light it is.

It's also fun to shoot in X-pan 65x24 crop!

OP Zatopekk New Member • Posts: 20

bobby350z wrote:

Nice, would like to see more.

some more are here: https://portfolio.massimocristaldi.com/-/galleries/photo/travels/matera#. Thank you for commenting.

bobby350z Senior Member • Posts: 1,132

Thanks.

MMitchellorg Contributing Member • Posts: 518

Literally looks like photos from a magazine.

MMitchellorg's gear list:MMitchellorg's gear list
Leica M10-R
The Saturnyne Forum Member • Posts: 65

Oh these are wonderful and inspiring. Make more!

fcracer Senior Member • Posts: 1,584

Beautiful images! Just goes to show how important lighting is for real estate!

-- hide signature --

Travel and photography blog: fcracer.com

fcracer's gear list:fcracer's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica M10 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S +17 more
M Kitzman Contributing Member • Posts: 894

Linhof 4x5 taken decade ago.

Hi all,

in the link to pictures of Matera, I could not help pointing out a building just to the right of the steeple. It has a structure on top with four small arches. My ancestors, the Venusio family, built this palazzo in the 1600s. They also lead an army from Matera to fight the Turks who had landed an army in Otranto. The Pope canonized the matyrs a few years ago. This ancestor was captured in the siege of Constantinople and enslaved for seven years and escaped where he fled to Albania and joined Skanderbeg in fighting the Turks. Great images of the city above, nights shots capture mystic of the city. Thank you.

OP Zatopekk New Member • Posts: 20

Love the story and the analog character of your shot. Like also the verticality of it, so different from my panoramic shot from a similar point of view of yours.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads