Anyone have commercial drone photography experience in Uk and Oz?

Started 5 months ago | Questions
Formless New Member • Posts: 23
Anyone have commercial drone photography experience in Uk and Oz?

Hi all

I am in  Australia at present and my focus is to eventually do drone photography at some point in the future.

This year i finished a TAFE course in certificate 4 photography and i'm just really self learning now for a while before i decide what next steps to take to work towards a career.

The specific interests that come up for me are real estate and drone photography.

However i'm not really sure where i should get a drone test, whether here or in the UK as i am considering the possibility of going back to the UK in the future.

I'm not in any rush to get the qualification but just feel the need to start researching it ASAP as i believe drones really are the way forward, but there are also personal things to consider such as where i want to spend my life.

Would a drone licence from either country be valid in the other country?

Are the costs of having a commercial drone similar with all the tests, renewal fees, and insurance?

And what about career potential?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Len-O Senior Member • Posts: 1,594
Re: Anyone have commercial drone photography experience in Uk and Oz?

Formless wrote:

Hi all

I am in Australia at present and my focus is to eventually do drone photography at some point in the future.

This year i finished a TAFE course in certificate 4 photography and i'm just really self learning now for a while before i decide what next steps to take to work towards a career.

The specific interests that come up for me are real estate and drone photography.

However i'm not really sure where i should get a drone test, whether here or in the UK as i am considering the possibility of going back to the UK in the future.

I'm not in any rush to get the qualification but just feel the need to start researching it ASAP as i believe drones really are the way forward, but there are also personal things to consider such as where i want to spend my life.

Would a drone licence from either country be valid in the other country?

Are the costs of having a commercial drone similar with all the tests, renewal fees, and insurance?

And what about career potential?

With regard to commercial drone work in the UK I suggest you make contact with Sean AKA "Geeksvana" and take a look at some of his YouTube videos. He is one of the most encyclopedic sources of UK drone information, commercial, and recreational.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Geeksvana

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads