This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2021

Started Dec 1, 2021 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2021

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2021: Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - (...) - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2020: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #454 - Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 2,060
A very dull December day

One of my favourite hikes, part of the route Saint Jaques de Compostello. It was a very dull morning but I did not want to brighten the pictures too much. I love this time of year.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 11,304
Re: A very dull December day

Miss tilly wrote:

One of my favourite hikes, part of the route Saint Jaques de Compostello. It was a very dull morning but I did not want to brighten the pictures too much. I love this time of year.

Hi Gary

I've just read "Immortelle randonnée", by Jean Christophe Rufin. It's a kind of diary about his hike to Saint Jacques de Compostelle. Very interesting. I'm a bit too old to do this kind of hike, unfortunately...

Nice pictures, that fit well with the season.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
André BARELIER
Wooden arch...V1

Took the V1 + 10-30 PD for a walk on the beach. Weather was rainy.

I came accross this tree trunk, brought by the storm of the previous days.

The first image gives an idea of its size.

In the second, it looks like an arch. The rendering is very different depending on whether you look in color or in black and white.

C&C welcome

-- hide signature --

André

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Miss tilly
Re: Wooden arch...V1

Great skies André, and that is a very brave soul out on his board, I also try not to let the weather deter me from walking. Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

André BARELIER

Miss tilly wrote:

Great skies André, and that is a very brave soul out on his board, I also try not to let the weather deter me from walking. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Gary. It's very cold here, with strong wind. It didn't deter me from windsurfing yesterday. But it starts to get difficult when it's this cold....

-- hide signature --

André

RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,463

That's quite the log. I like both the color and B&W versions.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

RichDitch
Waiting the the lobby

While my wife was busy with an appointment I explored the lobby of the building with a J5 and 10-30PD.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,829
Re: Waiting the the lobby

RichDitch wrote:

While my wife was busy with an appointment I explored the lobby of the building with a J5 and 10-30PD.

(snip)

Lovely shot of a fantastic ceramic ball! Looks quite big, is it?! The background is perfect as well!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +24 more
RichDitch

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

RichDitch wrote:

(snip)

Lovely shot of a fantastic ceramic ball! Looks quite big, is it?! The background is perfect as well!

This is typical native American pueblo pottery, although I don't recognize which pueblo. It  has an open top. For size check out the stairway shots - the pot is near the top right.

I only realized after I'd processed this that it is a nice contrast of curves on the pot with the sharp angular shelf where it sits.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

André BARELIER

RichDitch wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

RichDitch wrote:

(snip)

This is typical native American pueblo pottery, although I don't recognize which pueblo. It has an open top. For size check out the stairway shots - the pot is near the top right.

I only realized after I'd processed this that it is a nice contrast of curves on the pot with the sharp angular shelf where it sits.

I really like this photo. A very nice composition, and I like the colors too. Really excellent.

The first one is nice too, but why did you use an F8 aperture? Were you afraid of not having enough depth of field?

-- hide signature --

André

RichDitch

André BARELIER wrote:

I really like this photo. A very nice composition, and I like the colors too. Really excellent.

The first one is nice too, but why did you use an F8 aperture? Were you afraid of not having enough depth of field?

Thanks.

Yes, I was worried about DoF as I wanted the stairs in focus top to bottom. I couldn't judge that very well on the small screen so I stopped down to f/8.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Tord S Eriksson

RichDitch wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

RichDitch wrote:

(snip)

This is typical native American pueblo pottery, although I don't recognize which pueblo. It has an open top. For size check out the stairway shots - the pot is near the top right.

Simply perfect!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Cobwebs

Walking early in the morning I found lots of cobwebs covered in dew:

Hanging by a thread

Miss tilly

These are really interesting. I often use f8 when I want everything in the scene in focus, it has worked really well in your shots. Thanks for posting, fascinating!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

André BARELIER
Re: Cobwebs

iserp wrote:

Walking early in the morning I found lots of cobwebs covered in dew:

Hanging by a thread

Nice pics. The last two are my favorites. Maybe I would crop it to remove the trunk on the left. Maybe even the whole tree, leaving only the leaf and the thread.The nice background tell us where we are.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

André

RichDitch

A very nice set of photos. We don't get morning dew like this here in AZ, but I remember it from my prior days back east. Thanks for reminding me how special it can be.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Tord S Eriksson
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2021

Some more shots with the LED lamps.

Two apples, the front one much smaller than the rear!

A friend did this massive carving of a Long-Tailed Duck many years ago, full size.

No denoising, handheld J5, my 8mm lens.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,358

Nicely done, iserp

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,358

All the twists, knots on that tree trunk looks like it has been through a lot while it was alive and in the end returning to the earth.

Conditions sounds like Vancouver. We've been battered by storms and only after three weeks things slowly recovering. I see windsurfers on the water here in the winter and often wonder how brave they are. Maybe a good dry suit helps.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads