Dell UP3221Q with MBP M1 Max?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Annie36502 Regular Member • Posts: 312
Dell UP3221Q with MBP M1 Max?

I am struggling with choice of monitor for my new MBP. I am coming from a 27" 5K iMac and am looking for something that will equal or exceed that monitor. I want minimum 27", possibly 32". I use the computer for photography mainly and other general things.

I was considering the Pro XDR but it's a LOT of money and from what I've read, I can get something to fulfill my needs for less.

I've run across the Dell and was wondering if anyone has used this monitor with a Mac? I think of Dell as being PC and wouldn't want to undertake something that was unnecessarily complicated - connection or set-up.

I know others have monitor choice issues too, and I've tried to read as much as possible, and I still have question.

Any thoughts on the Dell? Or any other recommendations?

Many thanks for any input.

-- hide signature --

Annie P.

Annie36502's gear list:Annie36502's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S
Ken Seals
Ken Seals Senior Member • Posts: 1,871
Re: Dell UP3221Q with MBP M1 Max?

My MBP M1X maxed out comes around the first of the year, so my current experience is with my 2019 16" MBP.

I recently purchased the BenQ PD2729U 4K monitor on sale from B&H. I have been pleasantly surprised in every way. The monitor has Thunderbolt, Display Port and HDMI connections. I'm using the Thunderbolt port on my MBP and it's working perfectly along with the MBP retina display in a two display configuration. I am using the i1 display pro hardware calibration system and that is working fine.

My frame of reference is with two NEC PA272W displays on my main Win 10 machine, so my expectations were pretty high for the BenQ.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ken - LR ACE
FAA Remote Pilot Certificate, ATP ASMEL
Mizzou PJ '66
www.kenseals.com

Ken Seals's gear list:Ken Seals's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads