A variety of Birds

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
sridharj Junior Member • Posts: 30
A variety of Birds

I traveled to a green state for some vacation and had the opportunity to shoot the following birds. Hope you like them - critiques and tips for improvement welcome!!!

Shot using a Canon EOS T3i and Canon 100-400mm ISII

Heavily underexposed image as it was quite far away and sitting in a dense tree. Exposure adjustment brought in the noise. Will try to remove

Thanks for your views and comments.

Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
macrouser
macrouser Senior Member • Posts: 3,740
Re: A variety of Birds

I like looking at the photos.  Some of them look like African birds but some I don't recognize at all.  Can you please include names?

The owl looks like a very small one.

macrouser's gear list:macrouser's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7R III Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +2 more
OP sridharj Junior Member • Posts: 30

Sure. Is there a way to edit the post and add the names as captions?

macrouser

I haven't tried editing the post but I will often put the name of the subject in the shaded area at the bottom of the photo.  I have learned to never copy and past to that area.  There is a bug in the program that traps you there.  It is easiest to put the name and any comments before or after the photo.  You will just need to make sure the cursor is between the photos.

I would like to learn how some people can include the original photos and text in there reply.

Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7R III Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +2 more
OP sridharj Junior Member • Posts: 30

The birds in the post (ordered as per the images) are:

1. Spotted Owlet
  2. Gray-headed Swamphen
  3. Asian Openbill
  4. Intermediate Egret
  5. Blue-tailed Bee Eaters
  6. Stork-Billed Kingfisher

Thanks!

Mikel10
Mikel10 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,031

Beautiful series of interesting birds. Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Mike

Mikel10's gear list:Mikel10's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro Fujifilm GF 250mm F4
macrouser

Thanks.  I had not heard of an Asian Openbill.  I thought it looks like a stork but it is the first of that species I have heard of.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads