Fujifilm x-t3 vs Sony a6600 vs Canon eos 90d

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
JMVC New Member • Posts: 7
Fujifilm x-t3 vs Sony a6600 vs Canon eos 90d

hello guys! im planning to buy my first camera. i'm about 70/30 regards to photo/video. can you guide me which camera is better and also im open for any suggestions. thanks guys!

Canon EOS 90D Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a6600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
User4286416121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,050
Re: Fujifilm x-t3 vs Sony a6600 vs Canon eos 90d

What do you aim for.  Take pictures of.  Do you have any gear or lenses.  What do you use now.  Thise cameras are all nice.  But really need to know what it will be used for.  And the system needs too.  Like accessories.

Budget...

OP JMVC New Member • Posts: 7

User4286416121 wrote:

What do you aim for. Take pictures of. Do you have any gear or lenses. What do you use now. Thise cameras are all nice. But really need to know what it will be used for. And the system needs too. Like accessories.

Budget..

i would like to do some travel, street and landscape photography and a little bit of video too and i also care about the future upgrade of the camera so i can still use my investment in lenses. i'd like to explore my curiosity for this world of video/photography. this is going to be my first camera so i don't have any gear yet. my budget is around 1500€

lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 6,689

JMVC wrote:

hello guys! im planning to buy my first camera. i'm about 70/30 regards to photo/video. can you guide me which camera is better and also im open for any suggestions. thanks guys!

Questions like this are tough to answer for someone who is just starting out. It's like asking "Is basketball, baseball, or football/soccer better?" They're all good.

• Fuji has a reputation for making the prettiest pictures right out of the camera.
  • The newest Sonys have the "Real-time Tracking" AF system that DPR and many others go ga-ga over.
  • Canon (& Nikon) DSLRs are a really good value.

DPR has consistent and responsible reviews of each camera, Buying Guides, and Side-by-side camera specifications to help camera buyers.

What I can suggest is to go to a camera store to actually handle each camera, look through the viewfinder, operate the controls, look at lens availability and prices. Both Sony and Canon are available with ~18-140mm kit lenses, the Fuji is available with a 16-80mm kit lens. Any of these will be a good choice to start learning about photography.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +31 more
Martin_99 Senior Member • Posts: 3,494

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

What do you aim for. Take pictures of. Do you have any gear or lenses. What do you use now. Thise cameras are all nice. But really need to know what it will be used for. And the system needs too. Like accessories.

Budget..

i would like to do some travel, street and landscape photography and a little bit of video too and i also care about the future upgrade of the camera so i can still use my investment in lenses. i'd like to explore my curiosity for this world of video/photography. this is going to be my first camera so i don't have any gear yet. my budget is around 1500€

I'm mostly Sony user, so I can advice you A6400 with 18-135 kitlens (if still available). The rest of the budget you can use for SD card, cleaning accessory, camera bag, screen protection, or even eg. tripod, filters, flash etc 

If Fuji than eg. X-T3 with 16-80 (probably over budget already).

There are many options also from Fuji, Canon or Nikon. Personally I would go for mirrorless and leave DSLR like eos 90D in the past. The lens(es) are equally important as camera, need to be also counted in your purchase choices.

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +2 more
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 9,860

I'd choose based on the lenses, not the camera. You'll change the camera after a bit, but the lenses will last longer.

lehill wrote:

JMVC wrote:

Questions like this are tough to answer for someone who is just starting out. It's like asking "Is basketball, baseball, or football/soccer better?" They're all good.

• Fuji has a reputation for making the prettiest pictures right out of the camera.
  • The newest Sonys have the "Real-time Tracking" AF system that DPR and many others go ga-ga over.
  • Canon (& Nikon) DSLRs are a really good value.

DPR has consistent and responsible reviews of each camera, Buying Guides, and Side-by-side camera specifications to help camera buyers.

What I can suggest is to go to a camera store to actually handle each camera, look through the viewfinder, operate the controls, look at lens availability and prices. Both Sony and Canon are available with ~18-140mm kit lenses, the Fuji is available with a 16-80mm kit lens. Any of these will be a good choice to start learning about photography.

Thank so much for the information! I really appreciate it. Guess I’ll continue doing my research and educate myself more on the camera gear and system. I just have one question, which is more important, the camera itself or the system/brand for future upgradability?

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

Budget..

I'm mostly Sony user, so I can advice you A6400 with 18-135 kitlens (if still available). The rest of the budget you can use for SD card, cleaning accessory, camera bag, screen protection, or even eg. tripod, filters, flash etc

There are many options also from Fuji, Canon or Nikon. Personally I would go for mirrorless and leave DSLR like eos 90D in the past. The lens(es) are equally important as camera, need to be also counted in your purchase choices.

thank so much for the info! I appreciate it. If you are picking a camera looking just for the best lenses what are you going to pick? By the way a found a deal for xt3 for just around 1400 with 18-55 kits lens

robgendreau wrote:

I'd choose based on the lenses, not the camera. You'll change the camera after a bit, but the lenses will last longer.

Yeah I’m also considering that. So what are you going to recommend me based on the lenses?

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

Budget..

thank so much for the info! I appreciate it. If you are picking a camera looking just for the best lenses what are you going to pick? By the way a found a deal for xt3 for just around 1400 with 18-55 kits lens

If it will be your first camera, the best is to take just standard zoom (so roughly in range app. 16-135mm). After some learning you will find out what other lenses you need (if any).

You are not looking for best lens, you are looking for best compromise within your budget. I think that all mentioned lenses have it's advantages and disadvantages, you just don't know them yet. Don't think about it too much, pick some and you will see in few moths.

Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +2 more

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

Budget..

If it will be your first camera, the best is to take just standard zoom (so roughly in range app. 16-135mm). After some learning you will find out what other lenses you need (if any).

You are not looking for best lens, you are looking for best compromise within your budget. I think that all mentioned lenses have it's advantages and disadvantages, you just don't know them yet. Don't think about it too much, pick some and you will see in few moths.

What do you think should I consider the most, the camera itself or the lenses?

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

Budget..

Both are equally important from my perspective. If you have chance to try those cameras, feel the ergonomics, etc, do it. You would see in few minutes which one you like more.

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

JMVC wrote:

User4286416121 wrote:

Budget..

Both are equally important from my perspective. If you have chance to try those cameras, feel the ergonomics, etc, do it. You would see in few minutes which one you like more.

Ok i see. Thank so much for your time and info you giving me. I appreciate it a lot. Have a nice day

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads