iOS Intervalometer app for M50

Started 6 months ago | Questions
B_Gardner Regular Member • Posts: 140
iOS Intervalometer app for M50

Can anyone recommend an iOS app that provides an intervalometer function for the M50 that is reasonably priced?

Based on a search of this forum, I see that Cascable is frequently recommended as an app (on iPhone or iPad) for the Canon M50 so I tried it out and discovered that they want $30/year (or $60 up front) for the pro version (which includes the intervalometer function).  It does a lot more just an intervalometer, but I don't want to spend 15% of what I paid for the camera for just one app.  All I need is an intervalometer.

Thanks!

B_Gardner's gear list:B_Gardner's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 6,285
Re: iOS Intervalometer app for M50

Hello...

B_Gardner wrote:

Can anyone recommend an iOS app that provides an intervalometer function for the M50 that is reasonably priced?

Based on a search of this forum, I see that Cascable is frequently recommended as an app (on iPhone or iPad) for the Canon M50 so I tried it out and discovered that they want $30/year (or $60 up front) for the pro version (which includes the intervalometer function). It does a lot more just an intervalometer, but I don't want to spend 15% of what I paid for the camera for just one app. All I need is an intervalometer.

Thanks!

I goggled intervalometer and found some you might like on Amazon?

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon PowerShot Zoom Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T7 +4 more
OP B_Gardner Regular Member • Posts: 140

Sue Anne Rush wrote:

Hello...

B_Gardner wrote:

Based on a search of this forum, I see that Cascable is frequently recommended as an app (on iPhone or iPad) for the Canon M50 so I tried it out and discovered that they want $30/year (or $60 up front) for the pro version (which includes the intervalometer function). It does a lot more just an intervalometer, but I don't want to spend 15% of what I paid for the camera for just one app. All I need is an intervalometer.

Thanks!

I goggled intervalometer and found some you might like on Amazon?

Thanks for checking!  I already own an intervalometer but can't use it on my M50 because that camera lacks a jack to plug it into.  So I am looking for an app to run on my iPhone that can provide the intervalometer functions via a wireless connection to the M50.  Some folks recommend an app called "Cascable", but it is more expensive than I want to pay.  So I'm asking if anyone knows of a less expensive iOS intervalometer app?

Canon EOS M6 II +7 more
Nick Downey New Member • Posts: 1

Hi, I have an M50 and it has a built in intervalometer - put it in movie mode and its at the bottom of menu 1 on the red menu section

It is adjustable but not as much as you may like but it has come out wiht good results.

OP B_Gardner Regular Member • Posts: 140

Nick Downey wrote:

Hi, I have an M50 and it has a built in intervalometer - put it in movie mode and its at the bottom of menu 1 on the red menu section

It is adjustable but not as much as you may like but it has come out wiht good results.

Thanks for the response. I should have said that I am aware of the built-in movie time lapse function. The problem with the built-in function is that its limited to 1/30th of a second, which is inadequate for my purposes.  Since posting that question, I have successfully used Blue Tack and a bungie cord to hold down the shutter release button with Drive Mode selected to continuous release, and in that Manual Shooting Mode to get the M50 to take a sequence of long exposures for astrophotography.  Works like a charm.

Canon EOS M6 II +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads