Macrium Reflect 50% off upgrade to version 8 Black Friday offer now active

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
ggeinec Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Macrium Reflect 50% off upgrade to version 8 Black Friday offer now active

Macrium is now running their annual 50% off Black Friday upgrade offer to the Home edition, single and 4-pack, version 8:

https://www.macrium.com/black-friday

The offer runs through December 1.

Last time I checked the clock on the one year of 'free' support starts running on the day of the transaction to purchase the software, not on the date you first install the software.

Jim
Jim Regular Member • Posts: 242
Re: Macrium Reflect 50% off upgrade to version 8 Black Friday offer now active

Not sure that the 50% discount for an upgrade is a "Black Friday" special, or just their regular discount for upgrade for existing users.  I got an email from Macrium a while back with the same 50% discount.

But Macrium is good.  Definitely worth the price.

Jim's gear list:Jim's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S110 +6 more
OP ggeinec Contributing Member • Posts: 819

Jim wrote:

Not sure that the 50% discount for an upgrade is a "Black Friday" special, or just their regular discount for upgrade for existing users. I got an email from Macrium a while back with the same 50% discount.

But Macrium is good. Definitely worth the price.

"Get it during our Black Friday sale for an incredible 50% off!* We only discount this deeply once a year, so now’s the time to act if you’ve been searching for a more complete backup and recovery solution."

vett93
vett93 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,393

I have been on the 30-day trial (day-25!) and saw a message on my trial Macrium Reflect's UI. So I paid for it right away.

With my limited experience with it, I think the software is buggy though. I have been doing the "always incremental" backup for my user files (i.e., files under my user account) and the photo image files on an external disk. It worked fine for 20 days but then suddenly it did the entire backup again for no reasons.

I contacted Macrium support and submitted all the log files and backup definition files they requested. Now they want to remote access my computer. I just told them NO!

-- hide signature --

"Keep calm and take photos"
Photography enthusiast, from 12mm to 600mm

vett93's gear list:vett93's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a6500 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Mitrajoon Senior Member • Posts: 2,155

So you asked them for help because you don't know how to set up the program, they offered and you said no.  Classic.

vett93

Mitrajoon wrote:

So you asked them for help because you don't know how to set up the program, they offered and you said no. Classic.

They  helped me set it up when I started the trial. In fact, they have helped me a few times. I just don't want people to remote login my computer.

Their support is good and friendly. For now, I'll erase backup files and definitions, and start all over. If it happens again, I'll probably consider their extended help then....

-- hide signature --

Ho72
Ho72 Senior Member • Posts: 2,447

You may want to ask for guidance at the Macrium forum. I've posted there a few times and received the answers I needed without engaging support directly.

vett93

Ho72 wrote:

You may want to ask for guidance at the Macrium forum. I've posted there a few times and received the answers I needed without engaging support directly.

Great idea. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads