Z9 hands-on today - wow just wow!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
stevedigiphoto
stevedigiphoto Regular Member • Posts: 497
Z9 hands-on today - wow just wow!

Had almost an hour hands on today with the Z9 courtesy of Park Cameras London and Nikon UK. It is everything I hoped for - focus is extremely impressive, handling is superb with the grip just the right size for me and all the buttons easy to reach and operate. Loved the rear screen articulation and feels extremely solid and well made. Viewfinder is noticeably brighter than the Z7 II and absolutely no lag and of course no blackout when shooting, startup time from turning on is much faster and really couldn't find anything to criticise. Size and weight seemed about the same a Z7II with MB-N11 grip.

Couldn't take any images away obviously but those shot looked fantastic on screen.

stevedigiphoto's gear list:stevedigiphoto's gear list
Leica Q2 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z fc Nikon Z9 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +21 more
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bisonbison
Bisonbison Contributing Member • Posts: 566
Re: Z9 hands-on today - wow just wow!

What kind of subjects did you try the AF on? Any chance you tried it on non human subjects? I’m really curious to know how it compares to Canon’s bird eye AF. I guess that info will trickle out as production bodies become available. But thought I’d ask…. 
Thanks!

TechStrider Forum Member • Posts: 58

Cruel.

Just cruel of you to make this report.

Thanks, though.

John

stevedigiphoto
OP stevedigiphoto Regular Member • Posts: 497

Bisonbison wrote:

What kind of subjects did you try the AF on? Any chance you tried it on non human subjects? I’m really curious to know how it compares to Canon’s bird eye AF. I guess that info will trickle out as production bodies become available. But thought I’d ask….
Thanks!

Was only indoors so tried it on people and objects sorry!

rhlpetrus Forum Pro • Posts: 27,163

stevedigiphoto wrote:

Bisonbison wrote:

Thanks!

How was the AF? All people are saying?

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +4 more
stevedigiphoto
OP stevedigiphoto Regular Member • Posts: 497

rhlpetrus wrote:

stevedigiphoto wrote:

Bisonbison wrote:

Thanks!

How was the AF? All people are saying?

It was stunning, very fast and stick on eyes - focussed right on the eye ignoring eyelashes - from the limited subjects I tried it on its better than anything I've ever used (Sony A1, Canon R5/6, Nikon D5/D6 etc).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads