NX500: Anyone have a workaround for Capture One?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Nate8833
Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
NX500: Anyone have a workaround for Capture One?

Hello!  So, I use Capture One for my photo editing software.  It does a great job with NX1 raw images, however it does not support NX500 raw sadly.  I believe there may be a workaround out there somewhere, does anyone use Capture One for their NX500 images?  I do have RawTherapee, which is nice but I definitely prefer the user experience with Capture One.  Thanks!

Nate8833's gear list:Nate8833's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
kypfer Contributing Member • Posts: 786
Re: NX500: Anyone have a workaround for Capture One?

No direct help, I'm afraid, but if your chosen software can import anything other than a RAW format, maybe you could use the Samsung RAW Converter to handle your files initially, then export to TIFF for further editing.

kypfer's gear list:kypfer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax *ist DS Pentax *ist DL2 Pentax K200D Samsung NX5 +7 more
Nate8833
OP Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544

Would you happen to know where you can download the RAW converter?  I'm following the steps to download iLauncher through the NX500 but the download fails.

kypfer wrote:

No direct help, I'm afraid, but if your chosen software can import anything other than a RAW format, maybe you could use the Samsung RAW Converter to handle your files initially, then export to TIFF for further editing.

Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
kypfer Contributing Member • Posts: 786

Nate8833 wrote:

Would you happen to know where you can download the RAW converter? I'm following the steps to download iLauncher through the NX500 but the download fails.

kypfer wrote:

Here you go https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/EV-NX1000BABTR/… genuine Samsung download

Make sure you get the correct version, there's separate Mac and Windows versions.

kypfer's gear list:kypfer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax *ist DS Pentax *ist DL2 Pentax K200D Samsung NX5 +7 more
Nate8833

Thanks!  Sadly it looks as if the NX500 files are not supported by that version of the converter.  haha

kypfer wrote:

Nate8833 wrote:

Would you happen to know where you can download the RAW converter? I'm following the steps to download iLauncher through the NX500 but the download fails.

kypfer wrote:

Here you go https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/EV-NX1000BABTR/… genuine Samsung download

Make sure you get the correct version, there's separate Mac and Windows versions.

Nate8833

I'm going to try Raw Therapee batch save to Tiff using the queue feature to see if I like the output to Capture One.

shutterbugnx
shutterbugnx Regular Member • Posts: 156

I suggest contacting Capture One.
Something else you could try is using exiftool on an NX500 raw to change the camera model to NX1.

shutterbugnx's gear list:shutterbugnx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX2000 Fujifilm X-M1 +47 more
shutterbugnx
shutterbugnx Regular Member • Posts: 156

https://web.archive.org/web/20201011003845/https://samsungnx.herokuapp.com/software

This version of the converter should work with NX500.

shutterbugnx's gear list:shutterbugnx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX2000 Fujifilm X-M1 +47 more
rapick
rapick Veteran Member • Posts: 5,467
Re: Workaround for Capture One? My way

C1 doesn't support my NX3000 RAW files either.

I first convert them to .DNG using the free Adobe DNG converter.

Then open the .DNG files in C1. No problem. (I can't say if any subtle nuances get lost).

-- hide signature --

Rapick
Visit my galleries at: http://rapick.jalbum.net/
'Nikon D700 / the legend' fb group member

rapick's gear list:rapick's gear list
Samsung NX3000 Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +6 more
Nate8833

Thanks for the replies so far!  The NX Converter works, but the program doesn't play too well with Windows 10.  The Adobe converter is the best so far, but it does something to the colors that I'm not thrilled about.  It will work though!

mauni Regular Member • Posts: 158

This is excactly what I'm doing with my NX500-RAW Files - not for C1 but for lightroom 5.7.1. It works perfectly.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads