On the fungi trail with the X30

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Brian Chichester
Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 729
On the fungi trail with the X30

This is the time of year when every fallen tree in the woods has its crop of fungi fruiting bodies.

These with the X30, the second and third images using macro setting.

I was using a Slik Sprint Mini tripod and threaded cable release.

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon 1 V2 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +5 more
Fujifilm X30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
TheWhiteDog Contributing Member • Posts: 624
Re: On the fungi trail with the X30

Great photos! I wish I still had my X30, awesome camera.

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 2,036

Brian Chichester wrote:

This is the time of year when every fallen tree in the woods has its crop of fungi fruiting bodies.

These with the X30, the second and third images using macro setting.

I was using a Slik Sprint Mini tripod and threaded cable release.

Do you pick them?  and which ones are the "good ones"?  ha ha.  We can buy the good ones legally here in canada now.

-- hide signature --

Fronterra Photography Tours
One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Brian Chichester
OP Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 729

Do you pick them? and which ones are the "good ones"? ha ha. We can buy the good ones legally here in canada now.

Pick them? I don't even touch them. Most of them are poisonous and I don't know which is which.

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon 1 V2 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +5 more
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 2,036

Brian Chichester wrote:

Do you pick them? and which ones are the "good ones"? ha ha. We can buy the good ones legally here in canada now.

Pick them? I don't even touch them. Most of them are poisonous and I don't know which is which.

Alot of them (around here anyways), are edible and very tasty.  Some are killers, and some are enjoyable for a totally different reason.  I am into survival practices in the backcountry as I am in the "woods" alot.  I know some of the fungi types that are perfectly safe in our area.  YMMV.  Great images though.  Eat the right ones and the smurfs come out on top of them too!

-- hide signature --

Fronterra Photography Tours
One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,501

Nice photos of these nice specimens! Fungi, bugs, wild plants and flowers are the biggest part of what I have photographed for years. As an old biology major I am naturally drawn to the dark side of the trail.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads