LC Cartridge Problem Epsom 3880 Printer

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
camerashy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,505
LC Cartridge Problem Epsom 3880 Printer

Hope someone could help me please with an issue I have with my Epson 3880 printer and the Light Cyan cartridge

For some reason when I do a Nozzle Check it is not showing any printed  lines in the print out……all the other colours are fine.

I have done 2 Head Cleaning procedures but there is no improvement

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks

pbase supporter at www.pbase.com/dav4184

for equipment see profile

camerashy's gear list:camerashy's gear list
Nikon D800
Craftsman70 Contributing Member • Posts: 633
Re: LC Cartridge Problem Epsom 3880 Printer

Have you ever done any cleaning to your printer? And no, I don't mean the nozzle checks nor the head cleaning procedures. I mean actually wiping the various parts of the printer head and other parts with some cleaning fluid and a no-lint cloth.

If not, I recommend that you do so. Here's a thread on the subject - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4403888. You can use Windex as a cleaning fluid or make up your own using the formula contained in this thread - https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/cleaning-solution-the-ultimate-test.5296/

Craftsman70's gear list:Craftsman70's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +10 more
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 14,632

camerashy wrote:

Hope someone could help me please with an issue I have with my Epson 3880 printer and the Light Cyan cartridge

For some reason when I do a Nozzle Check it is not showing any printed lines in the print out……all the other colours are fine.

I have done 2 Head Cleaning procedures but there is no improvement

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Have you printed any of the test prints that print a narrow strip for each color.  If you have, does the Light Cyan print with the normal density for that color.

If you have not, suggest you do this and report back.  These type test prints are available on the internet.  If you don't find, send me a PM with your email and I will email the correct one to you.

I have the 3880 (for many years) and have not had any type issues. I have not even had a clogged nozzle.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

OP camerashy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,505

Thanks Guys appreciate your kind help never done any head cleaning or test prints so will look into it and report back

for the test prints on individual colours is that found in the printer software??

thanks again

-- hide signature --

camerashy's gear list:camerashy's gear list
Nikon D800
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 14,632

camerashy wrote:

Thanks Guys appreciate your kind help never done any head cleaning or test prints so will look into it and report back

for the test prints on individual colours is that found in the printer software??

thanks again

As stated in my previous post: " These type test prints are available on the internet. "

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads