Rodenstock

Started 3 months ago | Photos
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,325
Rodenstock

Rodenstock 135/f4 ( Age? )

Shot AT F4 with extension tube

Shot at f4 with extension tube

Shot at F11 NO tube behind living room window.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +35 more
Rol Lei Nut Veteran Member • Posts: 5,759
Re: Rodenstock

Kodak Retina (Reflex) mount?

If so, late 1950s-mid 1960s more or less (for more precise dates, look it up).

FrancoD Forum Pro • Posts: 16,321

I have seen two versions, the one for the Kodak

and the one for the Exakta

this link gives some possible dates

http://forum.mflenses.com/rodenstock-interchangeable-lenses-for-35mm-cameras-serials-t75903.html

OP photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,325

I have the Exakta.

Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +35 more

I have the Exakta mount.

I did a quick search: according to this page, the Rotelar 135 4.0 in Exakta mount was introduced in 1956. No mention of how long it stayed in production, but there was a 135 3.5 in Exakta mount (according to Kadlubek), so it would have presumably replaced the f/4.0 model by the mid 1960s. According to Captainjack, the automatic diaphragm models replaced the manual diaphragm ones in 1960, and that it's also "a superb performer. It is a very hard to find lens!!!".

https://photobutmore.de/exakta/rodenstock/index.php

https://exaktaphile.net/captjack/Rodenstock%20page.htm

Thank you for the link, it's an interesting read for me. My 135/f4 in Exakta mount is the Rotelar. I inherited this lens from a relative that died, it is in excellent condition with lens cap and leather case. Unfortunately the pictures I posted are not that good, not having much time to focus before my cat moved and  the third one was taken through a window. I will post again when I can offer better results.

Re: Rodenstock Price

Not that I want to sell mine but I was curious to know what the Rodenstock 135/4 was worth. I called Keh to sell it and they quoted me $20, they claimed it was because it's an Exakta mount. I'm wondering what it actually goes for.

Re: Rodenstock Price

photoholiko wrote:

Not that I want to sell mine but I was curious to know what the Rodenstock 135/4 was worth. I called Keh to sell it and they quoted me $20, they claimed it was because it's an Exakta mount. I'm wondering what it actually goes for.

I offer $21!!!!  

Seriously, it depends on which version (manual or Exakta auto-diaphram) and its condition (optical and aesthetic). But I believe quite a bit more than what Keh (and I) offered.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads