bounce flash not taking batteries

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Tim Reidy Productions
Tim Reidy Productions Veteran Member • Posts: 4,713
bounce flash not taking batteries

I have a old bower   sf0290 bounce flash

with fresh batteries it does not see to work.

The question is what should I replace this with, I use pentax olympus and panasonic bodies, and just want a standard bounce flash.

Tim Reidy Productions's gear list:Tim Reidy Productions's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 II +2 more
Ed Shapiro
Ed Shapiro Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: bounce flash not taking batteries

Tim Reidy Productions wrote:

I have a old bower sf0290 bounce flash

The question is what should I replace this with, I use pentax olympus and panasonic bodies, and just want a standard bounce flash.

If you want to repla your Speedlight with the exact same model, it is still available- see this link:

Bower SFD290 Flash, Fully Automatic Zoom Swivel Bounce, Standard Hot Shoe SFD290 (adorama.com)

It seems that the "O" in the model number indicates that it is dedicated to the TTL system of your Olympus camera. There are other modes as well like the one ending in "N" which I assume is for Nikon cameras.

If you wish to change brands there are many makes and models to select from. Top-on-the-line is Profoto and Metz. Godox has a full line of Speedlights in the medium price range. Most of the models can be used for bounce lighting applications in that they have tilt and swivel capabilities.

15 Best Godox Flash & Speedlights for 2020: Top Godox Flashes (photography-lighting.com)

Ed Shapiro- Commercial and Portrait Photographer. Ottawa, Ontario Canada

TheMerchantofVenice Regular Member • Posts: 305

If you wish to change brands I suggest you investigate the Good brand, which is also carried by Adorama under their Flashpoint branding.

These are very popular brands on this forum.

Gato Amarillo Veteran Member • Posts: 8,202

Godox has several choices, including TTL versions for both the systems you use.

If you are in the US Adorama sells the line rebranded and with a solid warranty.

Gato

-- hide signature --

Portraits, fantasy, cosplay and such (mildly NSFW)
https://www.instagram.com/jrsprawlsphoto/
Personal pictures, road trips, rural nostalgia, and kitty cats:
https://www.instagram.com/j.r.sprawls/

tugwilson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,700

Tim Reidy Productions wrote:

I have a old bower sf0290 bounce flash

That looks like a single pin non TTL speedlight. The Godox TT600 would be a good modern replacement. If you are in the US then we generally rcommend you buy it fro Adorama .

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads